Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Post #1: Fitjar Folgefonn Mint After Shave Balm
Post #2: Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
Scent: L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso sensitive
Soap: NSS - Cedarwood & Vetyver - hard (SAW)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Razor: Ever Ready Heavy Flat Top
Blade: Gem (1)
After: WH, Fine Fresh Vetiver AS, Bluebeard's Revenge ASB

Superb lather this morning gave me the closest and most comfortable shave I've had with this ER razor. Both soap and AS pump out vetiver - hmmm, nice.

SOTD_20160120_zpsmj4xro4y.jpg

Wednesday AM 01-20-2016

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/58mm)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo 'Stealth' Feather AS-D2/Triad 'Satin' Aristocrat
Gillette 'Swede' (5)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)
OypJDZr.jpg

Bulldog Shower Gel
Calani Gentleman Shaving Soap
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Star 1912 & GEM Stainless (3)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2768_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Brut Original Aftershave
Jacques Bogart Signature EDT
Pinaud Clubman Hair Tonic​

That's better! After a couple of disappointing soaps, I was very pleased with the thick and immediate lather that was produced from this Calani soap. The scent is classic and classy. Perfect for a follow on with Brut & Clubman.

The more keen-eyed amongst you will have spotted the etching on the cap of this 1912. I believe it is one of the last and like may Star razors made in Britain, was destined for the French market. I have seen these with the etched cap on Ever Ready baseplates, in Star boxes; something I thought was a mismatched set made up by the seller, but upon reflection I think these were a deliberate using up of parts at the very end of the long run that the 1912 had ...

Paul,
I found one needs a huge amount of TR to get s decent lather. I ended up using a whole tub in 25-30 shaves! It was nice to actual get through a tub of soap but having to use that much product is ridiculous. For me that sample looks good for 1 or 2 shaves at most.

That's something I can try, Paul. Thanks.

I found the same with Xpec - I xpec'ted better (drole). It was like trying to lather with moisturiser!

18fb5d4d0e461fb5a444dcba7bb3f701.jpg
Maybe I rushed to judgement n Dr Jons soaps too quickly. This is only the 2nd use since September Since it was a cream rather than a soap I've let it air out on and off since then and it's hardened up nicely and it produced a nice thick whipped cream consistency.
I probably wouldn't buy this scent again but I'm in the market for a Bay Rum scent I won't hate so I may give his Bay Rum a go.

Dr Jon Arctic Hydra Soap
Switchback 400
Mongoose B2 Satin
Feather Pro (14) Glacial Splash (sample)

Tuesday19th January

Brush: Custom Cadman - Synthetic Knot
Soap: De Vergulde Hand Stick
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Personna #1
Post: Alum - Dura Lemon Cologne - Neutrogena Comfort Balm

Razor, thanks to Mike B - @mpf9ret for sending me down another hole in the warren ;)
The soap stick is the same formula as the original bowl. DVH is great as usual, a nice application alternative.
View attachment 16310
I have to say I wasn't impressed with the shave quality of this razor. Even after finding the sweet spot it took a lot of work/passes to get anything close to the quality as any of my SE's. I'm going to take a lot of convincing to convert.
I too did not like the shave with an L1 and Personna, too many passes/touch ups = irritation.

img_2265.jpg

3P
Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger
Le Père Lucien
Ikon 102
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver

Still struggled to get a decent lather with the LPL so I abandoned the soap after the first pass and used the closest soap to hand which was some Barrister & Mann Seville. Much better lather. The LPL will be going in the frankensoap pot.

Back
Top Bottom