Star 1912 & GEM Stainless (5)
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

SOTD%25252022-01-2016%252520Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne
Dana Rapport EDT
Pinaud Clubman Hair Tonic​

Gosh! That was a great shave! I enjoyed myself so much I made two passes - the soap was superb, the razor superb and the blade just smooth as it could be. Altogether, quite perfect!

First go with RazoRock Pro P.160 and I am seriously impressed. It's no different really to their other soaps, which I rate highly by the way, but there is just that certain je ne sait quoi about this soap, but it's Italian so that would be in Italian not French but I'm sure you get my meaning ...

I abhor almond. I absolutely abhor it! This, I like. I know, I know, odd for someone who hates almond to buy in a soap that smells strongly of almonds, but you have the folks at Meißner Tremonia to thank for that one as their Woody Almond really is quite something. P.160, I would say is still in the shadow of Meißner Tremonia's, but that is only because Meißner Tremonia's is so good; P.160 is still absolutely excellent in its own right.

I said at the top, I enjoyed this so much I made two passes. After shaving my daily one pass, I usually lather up to enjoy the good skin treatment that the soap is giving, but today I thought why not ... and made a second pass.

Great! Very, very much enjoyed.

Hot towels
Steve Woodhead mega scuttle
NSS Moroccan sands
Omega Italian flag boar brush
Feather WS-D1S razor
Treet Carbon blade
Alum rub
Pitralon Swiss A/S
So much for saving money de shaving :)
Got a Rod Neep gargantuan chubby on the way, which sounds vaguely rude.

friday 22/01/16: hot shower/muhle r41 (10) with weber classic handle/gillette silver blue (5)/shavemac 173/30 32/65/tobs coconut/hot&cold rinse/nivea asb/speick edt

if the r41 (2009) reflected muhle's intent to market the most efficient de razor available... the r41 (2010) marked the company's delivery of new design and production: light weight, simple, thin, pressed metal, matt finished comb plate and the slimmer profile but same width and higher quality chrome plated cap, provide a smaller, subtle shave head which is milder than the (09) yet more efficient and bests other combs - to follow from tradere, att and ikon - if not in engineering but shave quality.

Last edited:
RAPIDE..:p
DSC_0217_zpsb2tavaux.jpg

Another shot..:)
DSC_0213_zpshfkzoumn.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
German Rapide
Heljestrand Hollow ground blade
Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap (Italy)
Logona Mann Aftershave splash

I had my first shave with my German made Rapide with a Hollow ground blade..I have used this turn of the 19th Century SE with a Gem blade but this was a different experience altogether..I had to adjust the 2 small screws that you can see to get the Hollow ground to seat in the stops...The adjustments screw are there to take up any wear on blades through honing...Its a wee bit tedious but I got there in the end...I would say that the Rapide is just about centre right on the Aggression scale..Not as aggressive as the CV Heljestrand but a lot more so than the French L " Essor...The Rapide is a surprisingly very forgiving razor for all its Big lookin Jaws..These were mass produced in large numbers & were Cloned by many Companies including the more up market Henckels variation...:)

I ended up with a BBS Dolphin Smooth Finish after touching up under my nose with an Injector..I just couldn't get under my nose with the Rapide...All in all a real comfortable shave is to be had with this Old 1889 design I think it was..Here again I have been spoiled with the Swedish CV Heljestrand ...The Nordic Beauty is just leaps & bound ahead of any other Hollow Ground SE ...That said I enjoyed my shave with the Rapide & its simple robust design was away ahead of it time for sure..Its built like a Panzer Tank & no doubt will be cutting around for another Century or Two...In my humble opinion a Good Tallow Soap is almost a must with these Hollow Ground SEs.. Not a single cut, weeper or nick..Good Karma..:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom