S.O.T.D. Saturday 16 January to Friday 22 January 2016

19th January

Ever Ready Streamline | GEM Personna | Thater
PannaCrema Nuavia: Rossa | Floid Vigaroso

btGYIOfl.jpg

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam / coconut oil
Razor - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#4)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - Nanny's Silly Soap Ice and a Slice
After - Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS++

The perfect shave, simple as that! Feels like I haven't shaved, nor would ever have a need to.

Regarding Le Père Lucien...

After my first go with LPL I really wondered what all the fuss was. I'd read such glowing reports, yet found it merely okay at best. With a couple of test lathers to get the water just right and a good few shaves, I really clicked with it and would put his soap now very high on my list of best soaps. Very high.

Its simplicity is both its downfall and its glory.

It's thirsty. Let it drink and it'll reward you. Post-shave is wonderful and following day feel (as we're both evening shavers) is really good. I hope you click with it. I have and quickly sold off my 100g tins as I very quickly acquired 200g tins! Love it!

Yep I struggled to get the water right, it really does take a lot compared to other soaps but shows no sign of breaking down with it too.

Great lather and post shave feel

Pre: shower
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap Lemon, Basil and Mandarin
Brush: PantaRei synthetic
Razor: Personna Injector
Blade Personna

First shave with NSS (arrived last week).
First Injector shave (arrived today).
Great soap, great brush, great razor.
Need some Schick blades for comparison...
Overall; great shave. 2 passes. Done.
b466add66317902b570c8c88d890190c.jpg

Tuesday, 19th January.
nsssaw2.jpg

Scuttle: Steve Woodhead Ceramics, large Suribachi.
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Citrus Zinger (olive oil recipe soft soap). (SAW)
Brush: Razorock 24mm Plissoft.
Razor: Ever Ready USA 1912, (very?) short handle.
Blade: GEM Stainless (3).
Post: Boots witch hazel & tea tree, Boot Freshwood balm, Nivea Crème.

The third shave with this blade and another effortless shave - two passes & pickups BBS and as safe and comfortable as anything. This blade has reached a very nice balance between comfort and sharpness, it'll be interesting to see how it continues to develop.

Last edited:
Merkur 15c/de89
Red personna
NF2001
Nivea shave cream
Witch hazel
Nivea balm
Avon Elite untailored

Not seen the nivea shave cream before.Nice scent and a good slick lather. £1.49 at Savers.

Tuesday19th January

Brush: Custom Cadman - Synthetic Knot
Soap: De Vergulde Hand Stick
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Personna #1
Post: Alum - Dura Lemon Cologne - Neutrogena Comfort Balm

Razor, thanks to Mike B - @mpf9ret for sending me down another hole in the warren ;)
The soap stick is the same formula as the original bowl. DVH is great as usual, a nice application alternative.
IMG_20160119_161914813e.jpg
I have to say I wasn't impressed with the shave quality of this razor. Even after finding the sweet spot it took a lot of work/passes to get anything close to the quality as any of my SE's. I'm going to take a lot of convincing to convert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom