S.O.T.D. Saturday 16 January to Friday 22 January 2016

img_2256.jpg

3P preshave
Shavemac 2 band silvertip
Le Père Lucien sample
Ikon 102
Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave

Not sure on this soap. Nothing special at all and maybe even a bit lacking. I'll keep using the sample but can't see me buying a full tin.

Bulldog Face Wash
Mickey Lee Soap Works 'The Kraken' Shaving Soap
Barbershop Pure Bristle
Face Lathered
Ever Ready 1912 & GEM Stainless (1)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2763_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Brut Original Aftershave
Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (Gold Edition) EDT
Surrati Al Khaleej Attar (Wrists)
Pinaud Clubman Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic​

There are three things I really enjoy when shaving: a fresh blade and an Ever Ready 1912.

That's two, the third is a good soap.

From the off, this soap was overly foamy. I had to break off and start again. With a barely wet brush on a damp face, I started to build the lather and slowly, but surely it can together. It's thick and creamy; not quite up to Italian creamy and not as slick as French, but it's a good soap nevertheless.

Scent is pleasing, all salty sea air and much akin to Meißner Tremonia's Salty Sea Sage, a soap I really admire. Yeah, not at all bad. I'll enjoy the sample I've got, but don't think there'll be a full sized pot in my collection.

Regarding Le Père Lucien...

Not sure on this soap. Nothing special at all and maybe even a bit lacking. I'll keep using the sample but can't see me buying a full tin.

After my first go with LPL I really wondered what all the fuss was. I'd read such glowing reports, yet found it merely okay at best. With a couple of test lathers to get the water just right and a good few shaves, I really clicked with it and would put his soap now very high on my list of best soaps. Very high.

Its simplicity is both its downfall and its glory.

It's thirsty. Let it drink and it'll reward you. Post-shave is wonderful and following day feel (as we're both evening shavers) is really good. I hope you click with it. I have and quickly sold off my 100g tins as I very quickly acquired 200g tins! Love it!

Regarding Le Père Lucien...

After my first go with LPL I really wondered what all the fuss was. I'd read such glowing reports, yet found it merely okay at best. With a couple of test lathers to get the water just right and a good few shaves, I really clicked with it and would put his soap now very high on my list of best soaps. Very high.

Its simplicity is both its downfall and its glory.

It's thirsty. Let it drink and it'll reward you. Post-shave is wonderful and following day feel (as we're both evening shavers) is really good. I hope you click with it. I have and quickly sold off my 100g tins as I very quickly acquired 200g tins! Love it!
I'll certainly give it more time. I thought if anything I perhaps over watered it.
Strangely my skin felt a little dry afterwards but I'm sure it didn't last time I used it. I do get that sometimes with a veggie soap.

SOTD - Monday
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Dr. Jon's "Arctic Hydra"
Brush: Shavemac TSR Xmas-LE "Anchor" 26mm 2-band silvertip fan
Razor: 1930's Gillette NEW short comb bar handle
Blade: Crystal platinum (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB/EdT
Nice easy 3-pass BBS with no drama. Perfect way to start the week.

OSP week continues

VS Purtech synth face lathering with OSP Sandalwood
Apollo double sided DE
Personna Blue (3)
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Bay Rum Nivea Balm

Face lathering is a lot quicker than using a bowl :)

Tuesday - Nanny's week

Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Semogue 2012 SE
Gem Clog-Pruf
Gem blade
Alum
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Great soap and a nice quick shave with very good results.

Tues 19th Jan

Omega 11126 & MWF- work well together
Gillette Fat Boy
Polsilver SI [ 3 ]
Alum Rub / La Toja A/S

As I have a heavy beard but sensitive skin, when using an adjustable [my favourite DE type ] I always use a lower setting.
I find that this approach allows me to get a good close shave without any irritation . An enjoyable shave ,which though close was not in the same league as those achieved with a vintage SE/Injector.

IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings

Tuesday 19th January 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Encre Noir

Regards