S.O.T.D Sat. 22th Dec. to Frid. 29st Dec 2012

merkur hd
NOS wilkinson sword super sword edge
semogue oc 2 band
nannys rasage traditionnel soap
bleu de chanel AS

very nice, used the nanny for the first time in ages and it was excellent. first use of the chanel AS me dad got me for xmas and it is wonderful stuff, the bleu wouldnt have been my first choice if id been picking some but i absolutely love it. ive never used a chanel AS before and ive got to say its very kind on my skin, beautiful.

Boxing Day afternoon.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, White Proraso Pre/Post, Hot Flannel
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Post: Alum, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm

First shave with TOBS Jermyn Street, a Christmas gift. It's a very pleasant, non-overpowering scent and creates a slick lather. Result was a close shave without irritation. Very pleased.

Wednesday 26th December

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post cream
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style)
Semogue SOC 2012 Special Edition Badger/Boar
Nannys Nutmeg Spice Soap
Home produced toner (based on cider vinegar)
Kramperts Bay Rum
Morgans Classic Pomade.

I am working tonight....so things were a little rushed earlier. A 2 and a bit pass BBS.

Thursday

Gillette Fat Handled Tech (English)
Supermax SS (1)
Simpson's "Wee Scott"
Truefitt & Hill Soap

Nivea ASB
Forest Fresh AS

Three pass, face lather.

Very good shave; almost perfect set-up.

I always have problems maintaining a decent lather on the brush with this T&H soap. It smells wonderful, it performs perfectly in the shave but it always takes two load-ups. Worth it though.

I hope you all got what you wanted out of Christmas, whether spiritually, commercially or both.

:icon_razz:

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 24 mm Shavemac D01 Extra Silver Tip 2 Band Version
SOAP/CREAM: Arabian Spice Shaving Soap, Chelsea's Soap Garden - Natural Handmade Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Colonia, Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Madame Scodioli - Step Right Up (Cedar, Saffron + Vetyver)
RESULT: First-class, BBS shave!

SODT_REYNOLDS_B-3_zpsd736a715.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday:

Nanny's French Lavender soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Back to work this morning, as ever on my first day back after time off I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning. Quick three passes with the Gem and I've got good enough results for work.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
EJ Black badger
Proraso red cream
Penhaligon's English Fern

A misguided Christmas present from one of the family. Thought I'd go for my first cartridge shave in over a year. I do keep a Mach3 around with plenty of cartridges, so I may see how they compare. First impressions are not tempting me back to the dark side, but I may be inclined to dispense with the Tech I use away from home.

I've finished my sample pot of Proraso red. It's another good Proraso product; if I didn't already have practically a decade's worth of software, I'd happily buy it in full.

Hot Shower
Proraso Menthol pre
NF Tubby 1 brush
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
Gillette Tech/Weber Bulldog handle, Personna Red (1)
Cold Splash
Alum block
Clinique post shave healer

Haven't used the Tech (or the Personna Reds) for a while. No mistaking the sound and the feel. The NF brush is behaving itself very well... thought it would be easier to keep hold of compared to my EJ brush, but it seems I have to re-learn the skill and forge some new synapses in me fuddled brain.

All-in-all, very nice!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, Masur birch with x-tra stuffed 26 mm silvertip
Razor: Dubl Duck No: 1
Soap: Martin de Candre
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Edt: Kenzo
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Both my DDs are among my top shavers, really nice blades (and I'll most likely try and find me some other models, eventually)!! :D
0071024x7232.jpg

This is my first post on SOTD for a while as, having found a routine that suits me and an inability to take stunning pictures, in general I would be too boring.

However, today is my first shave using my secret Santa vie-long horsehair brush, so I felt I should make the occasion with a post:

Hot flannel
Proraso pre-shave
Palmolive stick squished into a lush soap tin (travel equipment)
Vie-long undyed horsehair
EJ DE89 / Rapira pink'n'blue (2nd use)
Boots no. 7 balm (forgot to pack my aftershave)
Czech and Speake Frankincense and Myrrh cologne

I had a very enjoyable shave - nice and smooth. I missed the aftershave, but otherwise top notch. The horsehair brush was used for face lathering and, although it seemed a bit unpromising at first (generated lots of sloppy foam at first) once I started to use it on my face it thickened up nicely and the brush easily retained enough lather for three passes and I think I could have got a fourth if I'd been that way inclined. Definitely a great first go - I'm looking forwards to trying it out with my DR Harris Marlborough soap as I've always had problems generating a satisfactory lather with it.

Thursday 12-27-12. MUSIC: The Rolling Stones_LP Some Girls (1978).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB0s-zJWtLQ[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-27-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Merkur 25C - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumpers Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Bowling Green.

Thursday

Gillette Sensor
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Speick Shave Stick
DR Harris Marlborough A/S

I couldn't decide which razor to use and the clock was ticking, so I just grabbed the Sensor that was already in the bathroom.
1 pass on the face, 2 on the neck, done and a nice result.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom