Gillette 7 o'clock yellow(3)
Alum
Blightys unscented balm
TOBS Jermyn st cologne

Great smooth shave.

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
Hey Dodge! We're not talking any more? :icon_sad:

Did I miss something Uncle Mikey? Heh, would it be something straight related maybe?

Gramps

:icon_lol: (Seriously though, my door always is open for you Martin and the day you decide to try out a straight, I _will_ try and help you the best I can... In fact, if you want to try but don't put down the coins, since you really don't know if it's for you, I'll make a special deal for you - no charge, until you decide and if you don't like it, just send it back to me - with no charge ... :icon_razz:).

Today's shave

Gillette 50s SuperSpeed
Feather Blade
Nanny's French lavender
Kent BK8 Brush
Result BSS WTG

I've had this SuperSpeed for some time now,never liked it....But now I love it, that is the first time I've ever got a 99% perfect shave with it.

It likes Nanny's soap,go figure. Talk about finding the right combo with a razor but it's worth doing:icon_razz:

Friday 12-28-12. MUSIC: Oliver Nelson_LP The Blues and the Abstract Truth.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3ftZQ5O3w[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-282-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Feather all stainless - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Herbissimo - ASL Opaline.

Geo F. Trumper's Limes shaving cream
Edwin Jagger tortoiseshell boar
Super Iridium (fourth shave)
Progress 1.5, 1
Paco Rabane XS a/s

Started off with the fake Super Iridium but on its fourth shave it was too blunt. This was also the real SI's fourth shave and it was a great performance.

Fri 28th

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nannys warm spice soap scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Merkur 37c slant
Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Cold rinse

Comfortable shave. The Rapira blades are good for me. All of the 3 different ones used are equally sharp and give smooth shaves. Nannys soap made a lovely warm lather from the scuttle.

Brian

FRIDAY EVENING

Gillette Parat
Vintage Wilkie blade (3)
Culmak Jr brush
Tabac stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

Am on hols in Sheff at the moment and managed to get a good shave despite the very hard water we have here (roll on going back to Devon).

I find it almost impossible to get a decent lather (compared with what I get with soft water) but, luckily, the above combo is so good it didn't matter.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Neep Extra Silvertip
Soap: VITOS Super Extra Coconut
AS: Speick Splash

a nice 2 Pass cold water shave, my second shave with the Fatip. I'm shaving at my normal speed with this razor now, the first shave i was a bit more cautious.

Mikael said:
[(Seriously though, my door always is open for you Martin and the day you decide to try out a straight, I _will_ try and help you the best I can... In fact, if you want to try but don't put down the coins, since you really don't know if it's for you, I'll make a special deal for you - no charge, until you decide and if you don't like it, just send it back to me - with no charge ... :icon_razz:).

Hah, I hope John's taking notes on how to be relentless. That is your meat I believe (it means that this is your 'thing'). Reminds me of my younger days when I would sometimes need to see a dealer for various odds and ends. Yep, the first one was free with those guys too.

Mikael said:
[(Seriously though, my door always is open for you Martin and the day you decide to try out a straight, I _will_ try and help you the best I can... In fact, if you want to try but don't put down the coins, since you really don't know if it's for you, I'll make a special deal for you - no charge, until you decide and if you don't like it, just send it back to me - with no charge ... :icon_razz:).

Hah, I hope John's taking notes on how to be relentless. He could learn lots from you buddy.

So now it's free to taste and see if becomes addicting. Man oh man, you are the biggest helper.........yes you are!! Heh, I bet you might even pay for postage the first time just to get me hooked.

You know, I'm half tempted to send you half a dozen razors to play with. Some are from Sheffield, others are from Germany and Sweden. All look like they'd clean up ok, with the blades in good shape. Maybe you'd like to see what's up with these and how they shave. Does that interest you at all?

Oh, I'm gonna pass on using any sorta straights.

Grampa Martin

Holiday shave

Proraso pre/post
GFT coconut oil SC
Duke 2 best
Merkur HD
Shark SS blade
Thayers lemon witch hazel
Cade AS balm

DFS
[attachment=6270]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356735812.193981.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356735812.193981.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 10
dodgy said:
Mikael said:

Hah, I hope John's taking notes on how to be relentless. He could learn lots from you buddy.

So now it's free to taste and see if becomes addicting. Man oh man, you are the biggest helper.........yes you are!! Heh, I bet you might even pay for postage the first time just to get me hooked.

You know, I'm half tempted to send you half a dozen razors to play with. Some are from Sheffield, others are from Germany and Sweden. All look like they'd clean up ok, with the blades in good shape. Maybe you'd like to see what's up with these and how they shave. Does that interest you at all?

Oh, I'm gonna pass on using any sorta straights.

Grampa Martin
Don't you worry none Gramp's,I've been taking note of uncle Micky's persuasive ways, in fact I've got a nickname for him I don't know if you've heard of Mötley Crüe? Well he's Dr Feelgood,if you switch the drugs for straight razors ;-)

Back
Top Bottom