Phoenix&Beau: My vegan & tallow shaving soaps [testers required]

Those scents sound good. I'm not sure on others but I often find the description and actual scent are hard to match, do you have plans for sample sizes or smaller (e.g. 2oz) puck sizes being available?

Another thought here @phoenixandbeau

The scent profile on the Citra Royale: Lime | Litsea Cubeba | Cedarwood

I had no idea what Litsea Cubeba was and looked it up and read it was a lemon type scent that was extract from a plant, so in my video description I assumed Litsea Cubeba was lemon! I could be way off with that assumption!
I'm not sure many people would have the first clue what Litsea Cubeba is and that might put people off if they don't know what that is. Just a thought.

Finally got around to using the tallow sample tonight. I struggled at first but after switching from the LE shavemac brush to another one I found lathering much easier. I think I'm still breaking that brush in so was glad I tried another brush as the lather was much better and I really got a feel for the soap.

Really slick lather that had a very nice sheen. Seems very protective but I was using my rocket which is a fairly mild razor. I'm really impressed and agree this one is ready to go on sale with a nice scent.

I could definitely smell the tallow in this sample and it reminded me of Cella in that respect and a lot of the other Italian tallow croaps.

Very pleased with this and as long as it's reasonably priced I could see me buying a puck.

Last edited:
Well done Kerry, i've shaved 3 times with your tallow version and it is great! I'll be honest I havent tried your revised vegan formula yet as your tallow is too alluring :)

It be great to have another UK artisan on the scene

Well done again

Stuart

Those scents sound good. I'm not sure on others but I often find the description and actual scent are hard to match, do you have plans for sample sizes or smaller (e.g. 2oz) puck sizes being available?
With only so much space on each sticker I thought it better to summarise the fragrance with the most obvious aspects of the scent, e.g. Citra Royale's full list of essential oils is as follows;
  • Lime
  • Litsea cubeba
  • Cedarwood
  • Lemon
  • Bergamot
  • Mandarin
  • Sweet orange
  • Patchouli
On our website I'll detail any and all essential oils / aromachemicals I've used to create each scent; I'll also provide a description of what each scent smells like. Naturally that's my subjective take on what a blend of, for instance, the above smells like to me but view is it all helps you make a formed decision on if it's for you or not. :D

@Stuart cheers buddy. It's all systems go for our tallow formula! I'm very excited about it all :)

Back
Top Bottom