Phoenix&Beau: My vegan & tallow shaving soaps [testers required]

Re scents did you go for light - just enough for a shave or heavy - last all day?
A great question and a subject I've pained over. Ones sense of and sensitivity to scent is massively subjective and so I've pitched in the middle or "just enough for a shave". Scent strength feedback will guide me in the context of my seasonal releases. Speaking of scents @Nishy much luck with getting yours dispatched, buddy? Am very keen / curious to experience.

Thanks all,

KB.

Last edited:
Kerry I'm sure its been covered before but I'm either too lazy or too tired to look back so please forgive me.

When you eventually get around to letting me try this much lauded soap I keep hearing about do think you could endulge me in a suggestion?

I want to try all of them for obvious reasons but already have enough gear to shave a zoo.

Instead of just choosing one or two like I did with OSP do you think you could create a smaller combination pack that would contain all of the current range?

It would certainly make choosing easy, and let's be honest we all want lots of different scents rather than 5 gallons of one type.

Let me know what you think and if the price is right you can have my money and preorder now ;)

Kerry I'm sure its been covered before but I'm either too lazy or too tired to look back so please forgive me.

When you eventually get around to letting me try this much lauded soap I keep hearing about do think you could endulge me in a suggestion?

I want to try all of them for obvious reasons but already have enough gear to shave a zoo.

Instead of just choosing one or two like I did with OSP do you think you could create a smaller combination pack that would contain all of the current range?

It would certainly make choosing easy, and let's be honest we all want lots of different scents rather than 5 gallons of one type.

Let me know what you think and if the price is right you can have my money and preorder now ;)
It's a good idea @Scowley and I'll add it to my list of jobs. What I'm sure you're mindful of is that by adjusting the size of the jar (for a combi-pack) you adjust the size of the label / sticker and my design department comprises solely of my wife.

Have you met my wife?

Perhaps you could task her with this additional action? :eek::) If so, you're a braver man than I..

Jesting aside, it's added to the list, buddy, though I can't promise it'll be ready in time for launch.

Kerry, it's no problem it's just a suggestion and let's be honest at the end of the day it's your trainset.

I'm still gonna get something when you launch, just trying to make the decision easier ;)

Hi @Nisse apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I'm busying myself with getting things ready for our launch :D. To answer your question you've a number of options available to you. Here are a couple;
  • Blend a selection of your favourite essential oils; I'm talking just a few drops of what you like. Many EO's can be sensitizing to the skin and so be certain that what you've blended won't irritate yours. Lather your soap and using a pipette add the relevant quantity of your fragrance [to your lather] that gets the scent strength to your liking. Remember: I cannot stress enough that you should be confident that the fragrance blend you've created won't irritate your skin.
  • The Mystic Water Method.
On the subject of soothing sore skin, we'll also be releasing the below alongside our soaps :). It's wonderfully nourishing and healing for the skin. Great stuff and good for all sorts. Ps - 29th February will be our go-live date. Next week I am scheduled to make our first sizeable batch of soaps. More news soon.
balmPB_zpspzr423i2.png

Back
Top Bottom