Closed Pass around: Black Standard Razor

Second shave with the Standard. This time I used the RazoRock Fresco soap that was in the pass around box. I loaded it with a Personna Platinum Chrome that was also in the box. I really enjoyed shaving with the razor again.

The soap didn't perform as well as the Phoenix & Beau tallow sample but there's not many out there that will be able to!! One little nick under my nose. But once again a really nice close enjoyable shave. This razor is very efficient and nice to use. Not too mild but but not too aggressive either, somewhere in the middle for me. I was impressed at whatever the coating on the handle is as there's no slippiness when it's wet at all. Great stuff!

I'll have one more shave with it then pass on. Thanks very much to @riverrun for the chance to use this. I think this razor will go on my "one to buy in the future at some point, list".

Last edited:
The standard is now on its way to @AndyMc133

Very enjoyable razor to use and gave me a great shave every time. Very efficient and smooth. I was a bit wary with it being so light but actually it is beautifully balanced for its weight. Looks super cool and it's one I'll keep an eye out for in the future.
Thanks very much to @riverrun for the opportunity to let me try it out.

Thanks, Kevy
I've had some of my best shaves ever with very light razors. The Neo Gam, strange as it looks, was a good example. and I'm expecting good things from the bakelite Merkur 45c which is on its way to me right now.

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
  7. Sir_eider
  8. Shavejourneybadger
  9. Rufus Firefly
The list is still open.

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

Thanks, Kevy
I've had some of my best shaves ever with very light razors. The Neo Gam, strange as it looks, was a good example. and I'm expecting good things from the bakelite Merkur 45c which is on its way to me right now.

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
  7. Sir_eider
  8. Shavejourneybadger
  9. Rufus Firefly
The list is still open.

I've got a second Trumpf double OC razor coming from Germany this week, if it shaves as well as my other one then this will start it's pass around journey. I think this even tips my Neo Gam off the top spot as my fave razor. Lightweight and very efficient.

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
  7. Sir_eider
  8. Shavejourneybadger
  9. Rufus Firefly
The list is still open.

Back