Closed Pass around: Black Standard Razor

Well reminded, I meant to comment on the Steam punk ...... I liked it a lot, scent was great,and stronger by a mile once it was worked, performance was good with plenty of slide, worked better than it looked once I'd lathered, it did not seem to want to put as thick a layer on as it suggested in the bowl.

Looking forward to trying the Calani Earl grey, that smells great too.

As I accepted delivery of the Pils today, I've decided on balance (pun intended), I will forego a 3rd shave with the Standard, as even though the second was better than the first , it is not on my list of must haves.

Thanks again for the opportunity Andreas.

Now in post to post to p.b.

Thank you, Stacy. You'll find the Pils reassuringly heavy..

1. Whosthedaddy
2. Stacy555
3. p.b
4. SeanC
5. Kevy
6. AndyMc133

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Completed, Waiting

Thanks Paul

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
The list is still open.

Last edited:
When I thread my handles onto my razors I always rotate anti-clockwise until I hear the click and then tighten. I'm also very careful not to over torque screws / bolts etc. Even more so with this razor with it's tiny screw thread into an aluminium body!

Consequently the first shave wasn't as good as the others as the blade wasn't seated / clamped down that well and had a bigger gap than it was designed too and additionally was that rigidly held in place. Subsequently I've held the top can and base plate tightly between my thumb and first two fingers and then gently tightened the handle. A MUCH better shave.

Gillette Super Thins tomorrow.

Subsequently I've held the top can and base plate tightly between my thumb and first two fingers and then gently tightened the handle.
That's how I always do it (well, thumb and middle finger for me). I never turn anything anti-clockwise when screwing on the handle.
Glad it works for you now.

Hi!

I love the look & feel of simple designs so I'll be glad if you could include me on this lending pool as I'm doubting about the purchase of this small beauty, mainly because its lightness.

I'll cover the extra shipping cost to Spain to the fella who send it to me, of course!

Cheers

Hi!

I love the look & feel of simple designs so I'll be glad if you could include me on this lending pool as I'm doubting about the purchase of this small beauty, mainly because its lightness.

I'll cover the extra shipping cost to Spain to the fella who send it to me, of course!

Cheers

Let's ask AndyMc133.
Andy, are you OK with shipping to Spain and get the additional cost refunded by Sir_eider by PayPal?

The weight trap again. The weight is its strength... The previous owner received this razor, deemed it too light and immediately sold it to me without shaving with it. Now he has one himself ;)

Andreas

I'm playing around with markup in the non-rich editor of this site. Much more fun

Last edited:
Thanks, Sean. Enjoy!

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
  7. Sir_eider
The list is still open.

My long overdue feedback:

Initially I disliked the lack of mass but after a few shaves that become a major positive for me. It made the razor feel nimble and it responded to a light touch. I really liked that. I liked the handle and had no problems with the grip and I liked the aesthetics of the razor as a whole.

In terms of aggressiveness I found it pretty much spot-on for my comfort zone and i was rewarded with some very pleasing shaves. However, all my other razors nip up tightly and securely clamp the blade. When tightening the handle of this razor the 'clamped' position felt indistinct and because I knew it was a small steel thread into soft Aluminium I wasn't going to over-torque it and strip the threads. As an engineer this spoilt the pride of ownership factor (top score goes to the Feather for that attribute) and I would not own one of these for that reason alone. My Weber and my Progress shave as well without the nagging doubt over their longevity, even if I now wish they were lighter!

Andreas, thank you for the opportunity to try out this interesting and unique razor - Paul

Back
Top Bottom