Closed Pass around: Black Standard Razor

Another day, another shave with the standard. I've already made my conclusions about this razor and its one that you don't have to fiddle and work with to make it work, its just an easy predictable razor to use.

I'll be up for passing it on in a day or so as busy tomorrow, so if the next in line could pm the address it'll be winging its way to you.

IMG_20151123_082331_1.jpg

Sure... if that's OK with @Stacy555 ... Could you PM Whosthedaddy please, Stacy?

1. Whosthedaddy
2. Stacy555
3. p.b
4. SeanC
5. Kevy
6. AndyMc133

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Completed, Waiting

I think initial impressions will be enough to make a snap decision for the mas drop offer. It does seem a bargain at that price.

Addressing the elephant in the room, in my eyes at least, the design...its a little plain so can see why the stand would be a good bet or included with any sale otherwise it is very very minimalist especially in the powdercoated black or grey. That said it does make it also stand out from the rest of the razors in this price bracket?

I personally like the design. You call it plain, I call it elegant.
Oh don't get me wrong, its very well engineered but in a line up it could well get passed by or missed compared to others.

I think the feel in the hand is nice compared to anything that I've tried to date. They could be onto something with the aluminium.

Oh don't get me wrong, its very well engineered but in a line up it could well get passed by or missed compared to others.

I think the feel in the hand is nice compared to anything that I've tried to date. They could be onto something with the aluminium.
Your initial worries about grip were unfounded then?

Yes and no.

Did have to pop the handle in water when had some lather on my fingers as a little slippery, but still had good grip when just wet. Odd isn't it? Probably an easier razor handle to hold compared to a heavily knurled one?

It is hands down the best razor I've used and an utter bargain at the Massdrop price
It's not the best razor I've used, but the better ones are either no longer in production (Schick) or a LOT more expensive (Feather AS-D2). It is hands down the best value current production razor I've used. Even if you get stung by Her Majesty and her Mail, it's still a fantastic bargain on Massdrop.

I think the term 'Goldilocks' applies to this razor, its somehow just 'right' on all aspects? Well done on the manufacturers and well done to riverrun for the passaround.

Final shave and final thoughts; yep yep yep, nice.

I've added some more blades and some soap to the passaround box for others to sample and try and it'll be packed up and sent out either tonight if back in time or tomorrow for sure.

IMG_20151124_070750_1.jpg

Big up riverrun, thanks fella.

Back
Top Bottom