Closed Pass around: Black Standard Razor

Sorry Andres, I'm going to have to email you the photos as it keeps telling me the file is too large....

So shave one with the black standard was on Friday with a few days stubble, went for an astra sp blade as I know this blade well, used my plisson synthetic brush with some arko cream I need to use the last of,

The razor looked great, felt good in the hand, not slippery at all, was a bit light but that didn't put me off as it felt nimble, the audio feedback was insane, this thing is loud, did my normal 3 pass shave with a little tidy up at the end, no nicks or weepers, alum block and nothing of note, in all a extremely good shave, I had one minus in my opinion and that was the way the handle screwed on, as a lab technician I'm used to look at things up close and I don't like the way this razor fits together, I don't think it's well engineered and this would be a deal breaker for me, if it was a 20quid razor I would put up with it, but the de89 Edwin jagger is just too well made and cheaper and in my opinion give as good a shave if you use the right blade....

Like the standard and like I said it looks stunning, but there Is a reason I drive a mitubushi and not what I'd really like an alfa romeo....thanks to @riverrun for letting me try is as it's a peach of a razor and I enjoyed using it....

Standard%20Shave_zpsxonrbqi2.jpg

So, first shave with the standard (actually first DE shave for about 6 months, been using SE and injectors lately). Very surprised by just how easy this razor is to shave with to the point of shaving on autopilot. Light and nimble and a very comfortable shave. 2 passes and a DFS. Not particularly aggressive nor the closest of shaves but thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next shave already.

Last edited:
Standard%20Shave%202_zpsncwbwh1o.jpg

Another shave with the standard and another fine result. This razor is mild but gives a great shave with ease using a sharp blade. Have tested with GSB, Kai and Polsilver blades and all gave a comfortable, irritation and blood free shave. DFS with areas of BBS in 3 passes. I really like this razor as a change to an SE/injector and whilst being clearly built to a price it is a lovely shaving instrument.

Sadly my time with this rather fine little razor is coming to an end. I shall have one more shave with it over the weekend and then pass it along so if the next person on the list can PM me their details I shall post it Mon/Tues. Final thoughts to follow.

Back
Top Bottom