Leicester City...

BTW, this is a football.

latest

Played generally on the floor with feet. Hence the name 'football'.

This is an egg. Passed generally from hand to hand, and hoofed very occasionally.

There appears to be some confusion on this thread so I thought I'd help with some clarification. :)

The confusion seems to be yours - they are both footballs, one used for soccer and the other for rugby.

Go Foxes.
Blethers man! The football is regularly kicked but occasionally handled whereas the carryball is regularly handled but occasionally kicked. How you can call summat a football when overgrown posh hooligans spend all there time carrying and throwing it is beyond me. Oh, I know let's kick it for a change! No, no, that'll just confuse poor old Carl. If soccer is football then I'm for calling rugby carryball or who-the-fuck-wants-this-egg? Go Tigers, I mean Foxes...:p:D

I played both at school - couldn't half kick a rugby egg but got told off for picking up the football.

No need to shoot the messenger, Graeme! How do you work American football eggs into your theory?
It's the same style as rugby (albeit with shoulder pads).

To me, rugby is rugby (maybe postfixed with league or union) and football is football.

Easy peasy. [emoji3]

Did just read an interesting article about the origins of rugger and soccer but it did also say 'soccer' hasn't been widely used in Britain for 3 or 4 decades so I stand by my argument!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@Bechet Simples, Merrycan Carryball is even dafter but, as TP says, wif' shoulder pads and 'elmets and more stops, starts and about turns than a coalition government. I really like rugby and football too or fitba' as it is known colloquially round these here parts. Just cannot stand the term 'soccer' and whenever I hear or read it it makes me think of American Soccer Moms, people who look down upon the sport from their prawn vol-au-vent perches or those who have no clue about the sport at all. Now cricket, yon's another marvellous sport which these days, I hold above all others. Baseball? Sigh......:D

Spurs fan here. Obviously want us to win the title, if we were to do so, it would be Leicester, from whom we take heart. I think they deserve it more. Weird being a spurs supporter and feeling certain raised levels of confidence from the team. Poch has ironed out many issues.
COYS. Also a Spur. Getting rid of the bad eggs was massive, Ade etc. Onwards & upwards.

Back
Top Bottom