Leicester City...

7 points clear with 6 games to play. At this stage, there can be very few doubters who'd think they can't go on and win it all. It's just fairytale stuff so far, and I really, really hope they go on and win the Premier League. Over a 38 game season, it would be no fluke. I'm just wondering, should they win it, where it might stand it the ranks of greatest ever sporting upsets/underdog stories.

I really hope they do it. Would be brilliant!

To fluke a cup win is one thing, but to sustain form over an entire season is a huge feat!! Good on them.

Shows what a bit of stability within a team does. Always admired Leicester, hope they do it, sticking two fingers up to the rest of the prima-donnas in the league.

It's fantastic, especially in this day and age with all the money floating about in the Premier League, but with all due respect to Leicester I think Forest's achievements under Cloughie were superior. Having said that, if Leicester went onto Champions League success next year... ;)

I really hope they do, will be well deserved, and incredible achievement in modern footballers, where money buys everything. Realistically speaking think that they will colapse at the end, have rough schedule and they are keeping this form for too long will colapse at the end.

Remaining fixtures -

Sunderland (A)
West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

None of those teams setting the world alight, all winnable in my opinion. Tottenham are sitting high too, they could suffer a nosebleed themselves. City and Arsenal just a little too far off IMO.

Still a long way to go, but I'll be praying for them from here until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Can't agree more with the sentiment above. (Hopefully) It will make a change for a team in the true sense to win rather than the usual thrown together assortment of blinged up, egotistical, overpaid players.

I reckon 8 or 9 points from their remaining 6 fixtures should hopefully be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spurs fan here. Obviously want us to win the title, if we were to do so, it would be Leicester, from whom we take heart. I think they deserve it more. Weird being a spurs supporter and feeling certain raised levels of confidence from the team. Poch has ironed out many issues.

Go on the Foxes! Not had a situation like this in the PL since....ever. Forest and Cloughie back in the old days was very, very special indeed.

Such nice comments about my beloved Leicester City.

Ever since a little boy we got used to the losses and the relegation. My mates and I just can't believe what we are seeing. It's very surreal.

I still can't believe how well they are doing, sometimes I need to pinch myself just in case I'm dreaming!

Let's hope they can do it!!

I read that the fan who stood to win £250k cashed his bet in for about £70k. I wonder what his emotions are - does he secretly hope they fall at the last hurdle and justify his decision - or go on and win the title knowing he could have pocketed another £180 grand?

Back
Top Bottom