Leicester City...

I too hope that Leicester can get over the line and 7 points ahead with 18 points to play for is a great position. However it's never over until it's over and they are due for a loss which could puncture the bubble of coinfidence. Just look at what happened to Liverpool a couple of seasons back... it all fell apart for them when they were at full tilt and looking a cert.
It's all ifs and buts but the Leicester and Spurs results could very easily have been reversed at the weekend and what a different perspective that would have put on the table.

Whatever - I don't think there are many who want to see Leicester fail now. My only concern is what Gary Lineker would be like...

This all day long.

What Leicester might do doesn't even come close to what Forest managed under Clough and Taylor at the end of the 70s.

Shouldn't even share the same thread.
It's true that Clough managed his team to the European Cup - but the game was on a lot more level playing field in those days - except for Derby Cpunty of course where it was more like a cabbage patch.

If Leicester do go on to win, it has to be seen against the super-powers of the Premiership and although Leicester's owners are not paupers, the investment that Man City, Man United and Chelsea etc have made over a number of years should make it almost impossible for anyone to gate crash the party. That Leicester have done this ranks alongside anything Clough achieved at Forest.

I also think that a lot of credit should go to Nigel Pearson for putting the building blocks in place. Gives the impression of being as mad as a hatter at times, but very effective. Used to live just down the road from me when he was captaining Shrewsbury in their old L2 (Championship) glory days

I've been interested in sport long enough to know that nothing is ever a certainty. This year's Premiership is still undecided - the only certainty at the moment - that is still mathematically uncertain, is that Aston Villa will be playing in next year's Chamionship

If you think the Premier League is as you stated still "very uncertain" you can get Spurs at 5-1 which are very generous odds for a two horse race.

Great result for spurs today, it's now or never and this is going down to the wire. West Ham will be a tough match for Leicester.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Antdad you are misquoting me - I said undecided. Leicester play next Sunday against West Ham - who have something to play for themselves. A slip up by Leicester could give Spurs hope. It would leave them with a chance to close the gap to 4 points with 4 games to play.

I think 'undecided' is about right for now.

With the Euros round the corner its only fair to consider an injury to one of our best players, that being Vardy or Kane...

Antdad you are misquoting me - I said undecided. Leicester play next Sunday against West Ham - who have something to play for themselves. A slip up by Leicester could give Spurs hope. It would leave them with a chance to close the gap to 4 points with 4 games to play.

I think 'undecided' is about right for now.

What a good result for Spurs as well - keeps the competition very uncertain still.

Well any competition is undecided until the result is a mathematical certainty, I just don't think there is much uncertainty in current race to the title...if they were just one or two points apart I'd agree but the teams are seven points apart with five games to go, two loses and a draw which on current form Leicester are very unlikely to suffer given they have only had three losses and 9 draws in their past 33 games. Extrapolate that form and they are due half a loss and a draw in the next five games assuming Spurs win all theirs. Can Leicester capitulate, of course they can but are they likely too? I'd actually like Spurs to win it from here but I'm fairly certain they wont.

Five points with four games to go - don't get me wrong - I want Leicester to win as much as anyone, but Spurs will be playing with abandon knowing they have nothing to lose. Whereas Leicester - do they have the confidence and bottle? Who knows.

Ok so no injury as predicted earlier but with Vardy out for a couple of games definitely extracts potential goals. Kane and Alli on the other hand are on fire.
Audere est Facere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom