Leicester City...

Another interesting turn of events tonight (TOT 1 - 1 WBA). Whatever about who wins it all, it's certainly exciting.

Hard to imagine, they could potentially win the Premier League title at Old Trafford next weekend. Will be a tough one, United still in with a shot of passing City/Arsenal for 3rd/4th.

Spurs away to Chelsea, Chelsea don't lose many at Stamford Bridge.

As long as Spurs don't better Leicester's result next weekend its in the bag anyway. 7 point gap then with 6 to play for.
Even if they do come untstuck, the week after Everton at home is pretty much a banker for Leicester

I would say we threw it away last night. Hit the woodwork 3 times and showed hunger. Not a typical mid table performance so can't ask for anything else really. Now we need to keep our best players, dig in Levy, if you can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Everybody wants to see a close race to the finish just don't believe the hype and nonsense discussed about Spurs' chances coming into this final run in because it was based firstly on them winning all their remaining games and secondly Leicester slipping up which neither team have done all season. Spurs "threw it away" when they drew against a ten man Arsenal and lost to a poor Newcastle team and even losing to Leicester at home, head to heads can be critical but I suppose no-one thought it was going to be that critical then.

Last edited:
Hah, I learned yet another new 'All Things Limey' tidbit and this time it's something about sports.

So from what I understand, rugby is pretty much ignored and in the background when compared to kickball. Sounds like rugby is kinda like being the half witted relative kept in isolation somewhere like Prince Ruprecht was.

Know what? That's what kickball is like over here in Yankeetown. We blow our noses in it's general direction on the few occasions it's ever mentioned. Never anything in the newspapers.

Martin
Absolutely not. Rugby Union is played by real men, whereas Association Football/soccer is played by those who couldn't make it in Rugby Union. For your edification Dodgy there is also Rugby League, but I won't go there. There is even an American Rugby Union team, the Eagles, that plays (or at least tries to) in the international arena. Rugby Union is an international sport played in many countries (World Rugby comprises 117 members) from Japan to the Republic of Georgia; more than I can say for so called American football. In the Southern Hemisphere Rugby trumps all else; just go to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Argentina if you want to see real passion for the sport.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Rugby Union is played by real men, whereas Association Football/soccer is played by those who couldn't make it in Rugby Union. For your edification Dodgy there is also Rugby League, but I won't go there. There is even an American Rugby Union team, the Eagles, that plays (or at least tries to) in the international arena. Rugby Union is an international sport played in many countries (World Rugby comprises 117 members) from Japan to the Republic of Georgia; more than I can say for so called American football. In the Southern Hemisphere Rugby trumps all else; just go to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Argentina if you want to see real passion for the sport.
'Couldn't make it into Rugby' so they chose to earn more and date supermodels hmmm. Oh and the supercars and mansions and.....[emoji14]

'Couldn't make it into Rugby' so they chose to earn more and date supermodels hmmm. Oh and the supercars and mansions and.....[emoji14]

I've played football my whole life and though I've hung up my playing boots I'm still involved with coaching at grassroots. I've not once met anyone who played football because they were no good at rugby. I do however know people who play rugby because they were sh1t at football...

I've played football my whole life and though I've hung up my playing boots I'm still involved with coaching at grassroots. I've not once met anyone who played football because they were no good at rugby. I do however know people who play rugby because they were sh1t at football...
My apologies; no offence intended, I was saying this tongue in cheek. I follow soccer in the UK, supporting Southampton Saints in public, because that's where the family's from, but supporting the Gunners in the closet. I grew up playing both soccer and rugby, but rugby is my first love having played it seriously in secondary school and university; alas, at 68 I've had to give up playing, but I love to watch it. Nevertheless, I really hope Leicester takes it all; a real 'rags to riches' story.

Back
Top Bottom