Internet identity - a discusssion

Great stuff Pig Cat!

I'm not trying to encourage others to be more open. I too, live in the real world and know the worries and dangers that may affect a persons thinking about this. I am used to being in a minority on quite a few subjects and happy about that too. I just hate having to be cautious about anything, particularly if I think risks are overstated. Let's all just be who we want to be, and enjoy it. But I do think it's a pity that we cannot see a few more clean shaven faces.

Blyth Spirit said:
This will be my only political contribution to the Board in general and this thread in particular. This forum is for shave talk.

Fido said:
Having started this off, I have followed it with interest. It's really turned into a very sensible discussion about identity cards. But the real point was about internet identity. I still think it's a shame that there are so very few of us who are prepared to use relevant names and real photos of ourselves. C'est la vie. I'm happy to continue to be me.

Sorry guys. My fault. Fido, I should have PM'd you about the ID card thing rather than go off topic on here. Live and learn. I'll post a pic when I get married in February. The make-up should work wonders on me. If I send a current pic, you'll all be sueing me for damage to your monitors. :lol:

sonny said:
Sorry guys. My fault. Fido, I should have PM'd you about the ID card thing rather than go off topic on here. Live and learn. I'll post a pic when I get married in February. The make-up should work wonders on me. If I send a current pic, you'll all be sueing me for damage to your monitors. :lol:

You mean that your avatar isn't actually you??!! :eek:

Temporary avatar...I'm back to the wine glass one again after the weekend. This is me with my hiking hat on to cover my baldy napper supping a pint of real ale while on holiday in Devon. Can't remember the name of the pub, it was near the village of Westwood

Pig Cat, you look a bit like a hung-over Hugh Laurie.

My Face-book pic is one of Harry Hill cos most bars I go into at the weekends, some shining wit points at me and goes 'uhh, ha ha, theres Harry Hill!'

I think I look more like Eddie from 'Bottom' but there you go........................

My avatar is a copyrighted original artwork that I license to Cella. It is a self-portrait (yes, I am the Cella Fella).

Cella vie.

Anyway if any of you want to see the real me I'm here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/Revollie?ref=name" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/Revollie?ref=name</a><!-- m -->

I am, of course, also a closet gay and a secret BNP member. Probably.

Blyth Spirit said:
This will be my only political contribution to the Board in general and this thread in particular. This forum is for shave talk: Guido's is for politico cynicism.:?

Veering off into OT Ville again, I see no reason why gunpowder, treason, taxes and ID cards shouldn't be discussed on this board within its own category. There are threads dedicated to cooking, technology, jokes on TSR - why not politics? Yes, it can often be a divisive subject, but it's one that affects all of us.

I'm not really au fait with which party stands for what these days, and with a General Election looming, discussions like the one about ID cards (hadn't really given it much thought until this thread) could be quite enlightening.

That was a political broadcast on behalf of the ignorant primate party :?

Back
Top Bottom