Fountain pen ink

"with which to practice" is a key phrase! You started me on fountain pens but I seem to be drifting into dipping pens and thus - erm - proper handwriting, what ever that turns out to mean. Calligraphy would be a good bet. I'm using 2mm nibs to slow myself down and back to school and learning to write all over. You wouldn't believe how many times I trip over 'g's and mis-forming them. 'digging' is my favourite practice word but still get 'dig8ing' too often - drop the '8' a little.

Four purple inks and umpteen carts - which don't seem to fit dipper pens at all well.

Anyone had any experience with Akkerman inks? I read somewhere that they're rebranded diamine, which wouldn't surprise me, but I'm attracted by the interesting bottle.

Anyone had any experience with Akkerman inks? I read somewhere that they're rebranded diamine, which wouldn't surprise me, but I'm attracted by the interesting bottle.

Not yet.. Got this in a 3ml sample coming my way;
AkkInkt016-3T.jpg

I like the bottles as well and if this turns out to be 'the' orange for me I might get one of those nifty bottles.
Andersonpens is one of the few places in the US where one can buy their samples and inks.

Not yet.. Got this in a 3ml sample coming my way;
AkkInkt016-3T.jpg

I like the bottles as well and if this turns out to be 'the' orange for me I might get one of those nifty bottles.
Andersonpens is one of the few places in the US where one can buy their samples and inks.

Let me know what you make of it.

While we're still in the EU, it's no big deal for me to order direct from Akkerman.

Bilberry looks very interesting
sample-7088-2T.jpg

Here reviewed by my favorite, dry-humoured reviewer:
I've watched a few of her videos, I like them. It does look very nice, reminds me of my friends guitar when I was a kid, a purple Ibanez, can't wait to try it out. I think my wife might take a shine to this one.

Came home to find a package from Anderson Pens in the mailbox :)

I got a new #6 nib to see if it is any better than the dud Goulet one I have.

But, even more exciting, to me, are the ink samples I got.
For about $1.50 or so per bottle it's a great way, I hope, to see if a particular ink will do it for me.
In this lot;
Diamine Pumpkin
Akkerman Oranje Boven
Noodler's Walnut
Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun.

Will be great fun to, for the first time, break away from solid black....

281x4rk.jpg

Came home to find a package from Anderson Pens in the mailbox :)

I got a new #6 nib to see if it is any better than the dud Goulet one I have.

But, even more exciting, to me, are the ink samples I got.
For about $1.50 or so per bottle it's a great way, I hope, to see if a particular ink will do it for me.
In this lot;
Diamine Pumpkin
Akkerman Oranje Boven
Noodler's Walnut
Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun.

Will be great fun to, for the first time, break away from solid black....

281x4rk.jpg
Cant wait to see those samples on paper in SOTD.
Looks like a couple of Polos in the baggie, surely not though?

Back
Top Bottom