Fountain pen ink

They are one of several forcing my Roof Fund further yet into the red! I can't help but believe those women on TV telling me I'm worth it!

I have some dippers out for delivery. I shall buy ink for the size of the base area of the bottle, not the quality of the ink!

I'm having huge difficulty trying to re-train my brain/hand to write 'g's properly, instead of kinda '8's. And 'ing' instead of a straight horizontal-ish line joined to a vertical-ish drop with a dash for a dot vaguely above it somewhere. I should have been a GP.

I would also add that you might hear stories of Diamine orange inks causing nib creep, or Noodlers blue inks staining demonstrators... etc. I've never heard anything like this for Iroshizuku inks.

That's exactly what worries me about some of the Diamine and Noodlers inks. I wonder how much of this is urban myths and how much is actual fact.

Apparently writing the same word(s) with both hands simultaneously for 5 minutes/day helps improve memory.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Exactly this!

I would also add that you might hear stories of Diamine orange inks causing nib creep, or Noodlers blue inks staining demonstrators... etc. I've never heard anything like this for Iroshizuku inks.

Safe inks, great lubrication and excellent colours.

Nib creep, eh? Whatcha mean.

Give me pen information.....I may join a pen forum next.....

Thank you in advance ;)

Nib creep, eh? Whatcha mean.

Give me pen information.....I may join a pen forum next.....

Thank you in advance ;)
Your best bet to get a good grounding in fountain pen basics is to visit the Reference Pages of Richard Binder's website, http://www.richardspens.com I am a fountain pen collector, vintage and modern, and I find Richard's website an invalueable resource for all things relating to fountain pens, including the lingo.

Your best bet to get a good grounding in fountain pen basics is to visit the Reference Pages of Richard Binder's website, http://www.richardspens.com I am a fountain pen collector, vintage and modern, and I find Richard's website an invalueable resource for all things relating to fountain pens, including the lingo.
Thanks for that! I've been wondering which site is good for referencing

Are there any UK pen/writing forums of note, please?

Yes you old xenophobe - there are some pen-related-UK-based sites...but I don't know of any Fountain pen forums that caters predominantly to the UK market. Maybe someone else can chime in on that?

Penturners.co.uk is a UK-based forum predominantly for people that are interested in making their own pens - and to maybe buy something unique and locally made.

There's a good list of the top forum culprits here but no call-outs as to where they are 'based'

There are of course quite a few of British based artisan pen makers - one of the better known ones is pensoftheforest which I'm sure you know of already due to some of his other products :)
More commercial ones is for instance http://www.penshop.co.uk/

I'm after a good orange ink.

Ideally it would;
- dry quickly,
- be relatively water resistant, and
- be of a 'darker' orange rather than a bright-yellow orange.

I've been looking at the Diamine Pumpkin and Noodler's Apache Sunset....

Any thoughts on those inks from people who have used the - or any other suggestions - greatly appreciated.

I'm leaning towards the Diamine Pumpkin but am a bit worried about Diamine orange inks as I've read some 'warnings' about them..not sure if that also pertains to the Pumpkin one...

For reference:

Diamine Pumpkin:

Noodler's Habanero

Oh....and this one.... Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom