Fountain pen ink

Ok, I took a little bit of a dive into the ink rabbit hole after reading some ink threads and watching some videos... and also wanting to try some other inks (so far I have only ever used my Diamine Onyx Black so this will be a new world to me)....

I ordered 3ml samples of the following inks;

Two orange ones;

- Diamine Pumpkin
sample-7054-2T.jpg

- Akkerman Oranje Boven
AkkInkt016-3T.jpg

And:
- Noodler's Walnut (a brown ink I've been wanting to try...)
sample-19018-2T.jpg

- Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun (another one that has been on my want-to-try list).
sample-RK40530050-2T.jpg

Really curious to get them and try them out :)

Last edited:
Sorry, cant help with inks, maybe in the future.
Just wanted to ask, when you say warning about Diamine, do you mean the brand in general or that perticular colour?

Just wanted to ask, when you say warning about Diamine, do you mean the brand in general or that perticular colour?

Seems like the reported issues I've read have been about Diamine's orange inks only but even those reports are inconsistent so..who knows :)

Seems like the reported issues I've read have been about Diamine's orange inks only but even those reports are inconsistent so..who knows :)
Fair enough, just curious as next Monday Im going to order an 80ml bottle of black and possibly a couple of samples.

I've been using the Diamine Onyx black in 6-7 pens now and that's one solid ink - I like it a lot.
I'm glad you said that, I chose that colour as it looked the darkest of the black inks. Then I noticed you mentioned that you had been using it, in this post I think.
This time next week I'll have onyx loaded in my pen.

In general, Diamine inks are the 'safest' on the market; I have 't tried all of them, but the half dozen or so I've tried have been excellent. Another excellent 'safe' ink is the Watermans line. I've heard some not so good reports on Noodlers inks. As a long time collector of vintage and modern fountain pens I've limited my inks to those produced by Diamine and Watermans; I just don't want to take a chance with some of the trendy/artisanal/boutique inks gumming up my pens regardless of the 'blingy' colours available.

In general, Diamine inks are the 'safest' on the market; I have 't tried all of them, but the half dozen or so I've tried have been excellent. Another excellent 'safe' ink is the Watermans line. I've heard some not so good reports on Noodlers inks. As a long time collector of vintage and modern fountain pens I've limited my inks to those produced by Diamine and Watermans; I just don't want to take a chance with some of the trendy/artisanal/boutique inks gumming up my pens regardless of the 'blingy' colours available.
I will deffinately try Diamine before and if I branch out. Im not planning on trying lots of different inks but who knows what will happen.

I will deffinately try Diamine before and if I branch out. Im not planning on trying lots of different inks but who knows what will happen.
Be careful now: fountain pens and inks are the same slippery slope as wet shaving gear; the AD bug will bite you when you least expect it. But, as is the case with wet shaving, they're great fun and will give you many hours of enjoyment. Bring on the FPAD and the IAD.:p

Back
Top Bottom