Calling All ‘Fat’ Fans…

ayBKZ8l.gif
I though you were a bit older than that @Bogeyman ? Maybe it’s the effect of the Fat on you. Youth springs eternal from the font of the Fat. It’s clearly made you dizzy with delight…

I see what you mean now! Not having used it before I didn't know what it should be like, but I think thin and foamy isn't it :(
If you're seeing thin and foamy, that is in line with what I'd call a dud ... and alas that batch has been found to be bad.

What we don't know (given how low the number are) is whether a bad is entirely dud or whether folks can find pucks within a bad batch that lather up okay. From your initial report, it sounded like you might have found such a thing.

Nah! MWF should be yogurty thick capable of many layers of overpainting. It should not disappear from your face or from the brush while you (try) to do your first pass. It'll do three or more as a default.

Shame, mate. If you did want to score a good 'un there some hints in the Virginia Woolfat thread with folks picking up good 'uns from a number of places at the moment.

A week on and a few MWF shaves later, my thoughts are that the puck definitely needs a minute or two of hot water before attempting to lather, but this rewards with a real thick, creamy lather. I tried once between shaves to just lather the dry puck with a wet brush and it was thin and aerated by comparison.

MWF is very slick and protective, but it really doesn't feel that way to me when shaving; its strange that i have had many shaves that feel "more luxurious" but the end results just aren't as good as MWF. I can definitely hear and feel the shave more with MWF, but afterwards no cuts or nicks and my face feels moisturised and great. Maybe its the Progress or the Astra SP ?

Anyhow, it is, for me, a fantastic product and i can see what all the fuss is about.

Back
Top Bottom