Calling All ‘Fat’ Fans…

20230224_061049.jpg

Logan Lerman Yes GIF by Hunters

An interesting observation. I started my MWF fresh out the packet for this month. The packet states it 120g. I've just weighed it, after 14 uses, it weighs 121g. I don't bloom it and use a dry brush to load it, so it's unlikely to have had too much water boost it. If that carries on, after 4 years, it's will have doubled in size. Good Value?

Not to derail the suggestion of the soap growing (I seem to observe this!) but I think the Kent soap might be mislabelled. I presume it's 125g like how Mitchells advertises. So on the grounds it was 125g to begin with and you used approximately 4g of soap for 14 shaves, that still on course for the puck sorry cake of soap to last for 300 shaves or more.

I think I've used my one for somewhere between 50-75 shaves, and I've just about made a dip on the top. I think I've used about 1/6th of it as the most. I've been using it with large brushes and loading heavy as well, I'm sure if I really wanted to I could stretch it out even more!

Seems to be incredibly good value all things considered.

I had another two cakes land from The Shaving Shack - both batch 9139, woohoo!

It’s going to be strange not using the Fat but who says I have to stop?

Fat ‘23 is here…

Good to hear you have some ones from a good batch.

Using The Fat entirely for this month, I've not missed my other soaps as much as I thought, but I'm looking forward to using some other things, in particular Signature Soaps.

I was thinking closer to the time to suggest a themed month 'Artisan April'. I imagine it won't require much of a change for many here, but for others like myself who seem to favour the classics, it could be a good way to give some attention to the independent soap producers.

But for now,

ALL HAIL THE FAT.

Not to derail the suggestion of the soap growing (I seem to observe this!) but I think the Kent soap might be mislabelled. I presume it's 125g like how Mitchells advertises. So on the grounds it was 125g to begin with and you used approximately 4g of soap for 14 shaves, that still on course for the puck sorry cake of soap to last for 300 shaves or more.

I think I've used my one for somewhere between 50-75 shaves, and I've just about made a dip on the top. I think I've used about 1/6th of it as the most. I've been using it with large brushes and loading heavy as well, I'm sure if I really wanted to I could stretch it out even more!

Seems to be incredibly good value all things considered.

Good to hear you have some ones from a good batch.

Using The Fat entirely for this month, I've not missed my other soaps as much as I thought, but I'm looking forward to using some other things, in particular Signature Soaps.

I was thinking closer to the time to suggest a themed month 'Artisan April'. I imagine it won't require much of a change for many here, but for others like myself who seem to favour the classics, it could be a good way to give some attention to the independent soap producers.

But for now,

ALL HAIL THE FAT.
Put me down for Artisan April. I haven’t many and I doubt I’ll buy more but what I do have is sheer quality. Two from Signature and one each from P&B & Wickham.

Put me down for Artisan April. I haven’t many and I doubt I’ll buy more but what I do have is sheer quality. Two from Signature and one each from P&B & Wickham.

I have two from Signature Soaps and two from Stirling. I don't use them enough Tbh, but they are superb.

I will start a thread for it towards the end of March.

.....or Arko April!

There's an Arko month at B&B for August, I will participate.

Well I do have about 20 sticks to use!

20 sticks? There's a chance you might run out. You should get another box of 12.

I tried face lathering with MWF tonight and it seems to work as well as my bowl lathering attempts. I think having a big synthetic brush helps (Yaqi Purple Haze 24mm).

Went round the puck about a dozen times, with a half-squeezed brush and a purposeful action. The puck had once again had been covered in hot water for a couple of mins, till it had that proper "wet look" upon draining.

I followed the advice i had read somewhere to coat the face, then dip the tip of the brush in water and repeat the face lathering. This does indeed make the lather thicker and creamier.

I had enough on the brush for a 4 pass shave and again it was a very good shave and my face feels all soft and moisturized afterwards. (Merkur Progress set to 3, Astra SP blade).

MWF is very slightly more of a faff to use than other soaps / creams, but it is definitely different and seems very good for the skin

26/02/2023

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Pink (4)
Brush: Shavemac 400 Antica Boar
Soap: MWF

20230226_210906.jpg

This is actually my third shave with the Fat. Yesterday's shave was a rush one. I've got it dialled in now and it's performing very well.

The Hawk V3.... It's still giving me fantastic shaves. What it lacks in aesthetics, it makes up for in delivery.

Back
Top Bottom