Bargains

A lot of ebay sellers use EVRI for cheapness, but in two cases this year I've had to be sent the goods again. EVRI sent me an email saying "It has been delivered" I replied that it hadn't and I waited in all day by the front door. "We'll deliver it tomorrow then", but it wasn't. "It wasn't scanned properly". "It seems to be lost somehow". The seller had to post a replacement.
I can't decide if the delivery guys are criminals or just plain stupid.
Get back to the seller immediately.

Evri are not to be relied upon 100% given what I've witnessed while doing work at some of their depots . . . .
Staff having 'parcel fights' (literally throwing parcels and packets at each other across the sorting lines!!) . . . . .it's a wonder they manage to deliver anything at all.
Yodel depots are more professional, from what I've seen of them.

Are you interested in a Gillette Tech, Made in England 1970s, BNIB? A stash of them have been found.
Vintage Gillette Tech Safety Razor Made In England. Never used. Several available. £12
all the way back to the first post here but I'm thinking about getting one of these NOS 70s techs before they're gone.

I've already got a 40s little tech handle with a MIC Gillette super blue head that I keep for travel.

is the 70s tech pretty much the same as the MIC or a lot better? is the head thicker? is the little aluminium handle ok?

if I wanted another for at home, would it make more sense to get another super blue and put it on a decent stainless handle?

Last edited:
all the way back to the first post here but I'm thinking about getting one of these NOS 70s techs before they're gone.

I've already got a 40s little tech handle with a MIC Gillette super blue head that I keep for travel.

is the 70s tech pretty much the same as the MIC or a lot better? is the head thicker? is the little aluminium handle ok?

if I wanted another for at home, would it make more sense to get another super blue and put it on a decent stainless handle?
Are there any left? They may already be gone.

Ah, I've seen 2 for £18 + £3 postage. Or, one for £12 + £2.15 postage.
The seller is emurphy1983 in both cases, same guy I bought from.

Get back to the seller immediately.
seller said "We dispatched your order don’t know the reason why you can’t receive it ." then stopped responding so I requested a refund this morning and just got it. wouldn't recommend this seller based on service and dunno if I can be bothered re-ordering. the handle looks nice but I've already got an actual DE-89 head and a chinese clone so will probably go for something different like a tech instead.

Ah, I've seen 2 for £18 + £3 postage. Or, one for £12 + £2.15 postage.
The seller is emurphy1983 in both cases, same guy I bought from.
have you used the MIC super blue tech with the plastic handle or know if the 70s one is better or just the same? I've read that the blade gap is exactly the same, not like the Indian 7oclock. what do you think of the aluminium handle on the 70s tech?

have you used the MIC super blue tech with the plastic handle or know if the 70s one is better or just the same? I've read that the blade gap is exactly the same, not like the Indian 7oclock. what do you think of the aluminium handle on the 70s tech?
A lot of my razors have a stainless steel handle and a zamak head. The handle is worth more than the important bit. Seems crazy to me. On the other hand, the 70s Gill Tech heads I have respond strongly to a magnet. That suggests not zamak, but steel to me.
The old techs have a big blade end overhang, and I scrape my neck whilst shaving the jawline. For this reason, I prefer the Razorock Teck 2 (discontinued) and the identical Baili BD191.

A lot of my razors have a stainless steel handle and a zamak head. The handle is worth more than the important bit. Seems crazy to me. On the other hand, the 70s Gill Tech heads I have respond strongly to a magnet. That suggests not zamak, but steel to me.
The old techs have a big blade end overhang, and I scrape my neck whilst shaving the jawline. For this reason, I prefer the Razorock Teck 2 (discontinued) and the identical Baili BD191.
excellent, thanks. think I'll skip these NOS techs then. the handle I have looks like these from the 1940s do:
mr-razor.com 1943_Service_Set_No11
mr-razor.com 1940s_Tech_Zip
but it came to me without the head so I've added the head from one of these:
aliexpress.com Gillette_Super_Blue

Nice pictures. I have one of those Gillettes with a black plastic handle. I also have an identical one made/branded by Yingjili.
Yingjili RD206 which looks suspiciously like another case of Chinese goods badged as Gillette.
Brand Name: QSHAVE

The Yingjili is attracted to a magnet, the Gillette one is not. Strange..

Last edited:
Nice pictures. I have one of those Gillettes with a black plastic handle. I also have an identical one made/branded by Yingjili.
Yingjili RD206 which looks suspiciously like another case of Chinese goods badged as Gillette.
Brand Name: QSHAVE

The Yingjili is attracted to a magnet, the Gillette one is not. Strange..
the licenced chinese super blue that I have isn't attracted to a magnet either
PXL_20230408_150249279.jpg

1681310053761.png
For just £30.00 you can purchase a bundle of shaving essentials worth £65 at RRP! That's a saving of more than 50% on some of our top-selling brands!

Each bundle contains includes at least two consumables and hardware items to add to your shaving collection

Shaving Shack Offer

If you want to take up the offer then don't wait. It won't last long.

View attachment 103865
For just £30.00 you can purchase a bundle of shaving essentials worth £65 at RRP! That's a saving of more than 50% on some of our top-selling brands!

Each bundle contains includes at least two consumables and hardware items to add to your shaving collection

Shaving Shack Offer

If you want to take up the offer then don't wait. It won't last long.
I bought one of such boxes just as I started wetshaving - in the box there was gear from bluebeards revenge - from what I remember there was alum, brushless shaving gel, post shave balm, small bottle of preshave oil and a basic shavette . I’m assuming it’ll be something similar this time

Back
Top Bottom