Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - Sun 15th April incl.

Sir_eider said:
A couple of things have arrived today:

Gillette bought to ajc347 and a St James of London shaving cream traded with other friend. It smells wonderful!

Cheers!

Nice 1930s fat handle tech ,I've got one of them nice razor:icon_cool:

More grist to my AAD mill.

A nice Pop popped through the letterbox today.

It's cleaned up nicely, though the box is a bit worn. Razor 7.5\10, box 5.5\10

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

Received this today from pedro083. Will be christening it tomorrow. Does anyone know anything about it? What it's called, when it was made, etc.? Box (if original) says made in West Germany; razor just says made in Germany - no codes.
Appreciate any info.
IMAG0354.jpg

This arrived yesterday a #21 I think, came all the way from Argentina! faster than I have actually waited for parcels in the UK.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Cleaned up pretty well apart from some slight scratching and pitting to the head.
One fault I have found and have seen reference to it in other posts is that when I unscrew the TTO knob and the doors are open I can pull the knob down and this closes the doors? Tightening the knob secures the doors so not a prob for shaving but something has obviously come off inside the barrel. You can see from the last photo how far the TTO knob can be pulled down.
Any of you guys come across this before and can it be rectified?

Apologise for my over use of the word Knob in this post! (pretty sure Vinnie will pick up on it lol!)

Yes your razor should be fixable, your Handle had *droped* saftyrazors.co.uk have a repair tool to do just that, it roll crimps the handle back together. ;-)

John said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Thanks for the info John, will take a look at safetyrazors site:)

That's ok,hope to see your razor fixed and back in use :icon_smile:

On closer inspection I can see the blade guard is lower on one corner which as made it really aggresive. Probably been dropped twisting the base plate and bar. Think this one is destined to be a £40 ornament.
Thats ebay for you though, pay your money and take your chances. Seller didn't have a clue about razors so I can't lay the blame off. Still got the Weber to look forward to when it arrives from the States.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
John said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Thanks for the info John, will take a look at safetyrazors site:)

That's ok,hope to see your razor fixed and back in use :icon_smile:

On closer inspection I can see the blade guard is lower on one corner which as made it really aggresive. Probably been dropped twisting the base plate and bar. Think this one is destined to be a £40 ornament.
Thats ebay for you though, pay your money and take your chances. Seller didn't have a clue about razors so I can't lay the blame off. Still got the Weber to look forward to when it arrives from the States.
That's a crying shame mate, I know how you feel, it's a bit of a gamble on eBay :-(

Some things I recently bought to spanish forum friends:

- Queen Charlotte GIT soap and DR Harris Arlington shaving cream (with some gift samples!)
- some old NOS bath spanish soaps

Cheers!

Been doing this Open Razor thing for the last weeks... Went through DE withdrawal this AM not only shaved with a DE this AM; but just Bought Another """04 Gillette """" !!! Yes '1909 one with a metal case'!! Boy did that feel good!
Can't wait to get the Derby's out. Blades and Creams(new Lavender too!). Wow what a day!

Dodgy... You can run but can't hide from the Derby's. Kentucky even has a special day for them coming up... Isn't it called DERBY DAY!

my new ikon s3s ,this replaces my sk9,feels much heavier

a new stainless steel handle by tradere razors ,
its a nice length with a fluted end,the knurling is not as deep as a ikon or weber

they are also going to make a head to go with the handle
should be launched sometime in may ,priced $150 for a stainless steel head and handle

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom