Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - Sun 15th April incl.

Few Bits this week (& waiting for a few more to come across the pond...)

A Gillette Shop Coin Tray:

15217d8e.jpg

Couple Of Gillette Signs, (red one i made myself, copying an old Gillette Sign)

c8243a78.jpg

b84fd1c6.jpg

bd5a9765.jpg

fd902fd7.jpg

A USA Gillette 1920 Standard #102 Model (this one has the G inside a D stamp on it which many people think means it was sent to Gillette for repair but it's wrong, the stamp is ONLY on Gillette's sold on the French Market, and only on Gold and Silver plated models, i believe this one is triple plated in silver, it looks stunning up close)

a005a66c.jpg

990405ec.jpg

b6297a4b.jpg

3a7c47bb.jpg

0b7ef9f2.jpg

A USA Gillette Gold Tech

ea4fcd66.jpg

06622bdf.jpg

e2779b75.jpg

bfee0ff8.jpg

Two acquisitions that, as it happens, will form the components of tonight's shave!

English Red Tip Rocket and some Klar Kabinett (which came in a laughably huge box).

IMAG0245.jpg

A new custom brush from Rod.
26mm Extra Silvertip set slightly lower in a taller Chubby Handle made of Thuya Burl.....Pics are as it arrived, 1st test lather with MWF, and finally rinsed out showing the amount of water squeezed out of the brush in the glass behind.
[attachment=4724]
[attachment=4725]
[attachment=4726]
[attachment=4727]

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 72
missingskin said:
26mm Extra Silvertip set slightly lower in a taller Chubby Handle made of Thuya Burl.....Pics are as it arrived, 1st test lather with MWF, and finally rinsed out showing the amount of water squeezed out of the brush in the glass behind.

That's a gorgeous looking brush - I have a mixed reaction to some of Rod's designs, but the ones I like, I really like and yours is right up there! One day I will persuade my wife that it is a good idea to spend the required amount on one.

ChopperHarris said:
missingskin said:

That's a gorgeous looking brush - I have a mixed reaction to some of Rod's designs, but the ones I like, I really like and yours is right up there! One day I will persuade my wife that it is a good idea to spend the required amount on one.

Thats the good thing with Rod and Bejay you can discuss the design you want and they will make it to your specifications. I wanted a good all rounder with a nice big grip and I like wood brushes......:icon_cheesygrin:

sunburyboy93 said:
Few Bits this week (& waiting for a few more to come across the pond...)

A Gillette Shop Coin Tray:

15217d8e.jpg

Couple Of Gillette Signs, (red one i made myself, copying an old Gillette Sign)

c8243a78.jpg

b84fd1c6.jpg

bd5a9765.jpg

fd902fd7.jpg

A USA Gillette 1920 Standard #102 Model (this one has the G inside a D stamp on it which many people think means it was sent to Gillette for repair but it's wrong, the stamp is ONLY on Gillette's sold on the French Market, and only on Gold and Silver plated models, i believe this one is triple plated in silver, it looks stunning up close)

a005a66c.jpg

990405ec.jpg

b6297a4b.jpg

3a7c47bb.jpg

0b7ef9f2.jpg

A USA Gillette Gold Tech

ea4fcd66.jpg

06622bdf.jpg

e2779b75.jpg

bfee0ff8.jpg

i've just got 1 of them just in the wrong box
its a lovely looking razor
sorry about the quality of pics but the lights not good
are these razors rare steve ?
paid a £5 in a little antique shop

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 22
bigduncan said:
i've just got 1 of them just in the wrong box
its a lovely looking razor
sorry about the quality of pics but the lights not good
are these razors rare steve ?
paid a £5 in a little antique shop

Well i don't know, i think the Razor itself is a common one made in the USA, what makes ours a little more scarce is that they have the G inside the D stamp so ours were destined for the french market and that style of purple lined case and blade holders were just for the french market also.....

also the finish on the plating seems to be nicer than my standard USA version, looks more shiny....

as said earlier lots of people thing the G & D meant it was sent to Gillette for repair, but if you look at every post on the various Shave Forums where this stamp is mentioned, the razor was from France or has a French connection...

i think the repair rumour was mentioned once and it has stuck, as nobody is able to back it up.....

You got yours for a good price.....

seems richards razors are the ones saying its damaged and being repaired
plus very rare and he will sell you his for $400 !!!
do'nt think there that rare
or i they
who no"s, but iam keeping mine

Won one of these on the bay of Flea.

Intriguing razor. Bloke on B&B has one and likes it, and I thought it looked interesting enough to be worth a pop.

Made in 1918 by Joseph Potter in Brum apparently.

557058365_o.jpg

bigduncan said:
seems richards razors are the ones saying its damaged and being repaired
plus very rare and he will sell you his for $400 !!!
do'nt think there that rare
or i they
who no"s, but iam keeping mine

Richard / Ricks razors are overpriced, and he is like a Contagious disease, a little while ago i had never heard of him, now he is fooking everywhere, every auction collectable and vintage site you look at, he is on there !!!!, do a google image search and put vintage gillette and BANG, his photo's just fill the screen !!!!

his prices differ on every site too....

His line is: "make me an offer i can't refuse"

W****R !!!!, gets on my T**S !!! :mad::icon_mad:

Tall_Paul said:
Won one of these on the bay of Flea.

Intriguing razor. Bloke on B&B has one and likes it, and I thought it looked interesting enough to be worth a pop.

Made in 1918 by Joseph Potter in Brum apparently.

Hah, goin down another rabbit hole are we? Trying unusual razors is always gonna be a crapshoot, and the one you have looks like it could be a nice find. Of course it could bite like a rabid bulldog, but the one guy who has one probably woulda mentioned that.

EbayFrance is a riot for grabbing weird looking stuff....I hope you're looking there as well, good buddy. Yep, always happy to help if I can.

Be interesting to hear how it shaves,

Merwin

sunburyboy93 said:
Richard / Ricks razors are overpriced, and he is like a Contagious disease, a little while ago i had never heard of him, now he is fooking everywhere, every auction collectable and vintage site you look at, he is on there !!!!, do a google image search and put vintage gillette and BANG, his photo's just fill the screen !!!!

his prices differ on every site too....

His line is: "make me an offer i can't refuse"

W****R !!!!, gets on my T**S !!! :mad::icon_mad:

What's doin Steve,

Ohh, it looks like this guy popped your hot button pretty good. Heh, you gotta admit Rick is a real optimist when it comes to pricing his merch.

I see his things for sale over at SMF. Occasionally he'll also post there to ask questions about what he has. Everyone is nice to him when it comes to helping...no reason not to be. We all know the deal and there's no reason to make any waves. It's a pretty low key place.

The funny thing is that I can't ever remember anyone ever responding to even one of his sales. It's the totally wrong market for his stuff....it's pretty much all some hard core smart and experienced members, Yeah, wrong audience for sure. Still, I do sometimes read his posts just for the hell of it. I also like P T Barnum and his schtick.

I guess you're not a fan,

Martin

Oh yeah, in your adorable polite Limey way you didn't use all the letters in that last sentence. Best I can figure, it's something like 'Water gets on my Toes!!!". Is that it? And why would having wet toes make you especially mad?

Re: RE: Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - Sun 15th April incl.

missingskin said:
26mm Extra Silvertip set slightly lower in a taller Chubby Handle made of Thuya Burl.....

Gorgeous. I love all four of my Neep brushes and that looks fabulous. I think there will be more in my future...

Back
Top Bottom