Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - Sun 15th April incl.

Just picked up a 3 for 2 on boots freshwood aftershave balm and 3 palmolive sticks for 50p each.

In the interests of economy i'm wanting to try the lower budget options before I move onto Proraso or TOBS so next on the list is maybe a stick of arko.

RB73 said:
What was supposed to be a complete day out on my own, following a very detailed route march id set out for hunting down scents and other wonderful things turned into a “can you take us to Blue Water”.

Notice there is and was no question mark on that.:icon_rolleyes:

Arrived home to find my sample pack from Angela Flanders had arrived, so a small glimmer of a silver lining.

Sandalwood
Bois de Seville
Oudh Noir
Earl Grey
Caspian
Coromandal
Cashmere Noir

With thanks to a post on the SoTD thread by Pilatus which caught my eye with regards to Angela Flanders, cheers fella.:icon_razz:

Nice.

Would be interested in your thoughts on Oudh Noir and Earl Grey.

Just arrived today from Kev, who can almost rival Steve or Martin in the awffy, very, really most securely packaged item stakes. An almost pristine Hoffritz slant which has a special signifigance to me as it's engraved on the lid with my own surname. Have no idea which relative was given the razor in 1968, however it's a remarkable coincidence which makes the Hoffy even more special to me.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
Just arrived today from Kev, who can almost rival Steve or Martin in the awffy, very, really most securely packaged item stakes. An almost pristine Hoffritz slant which has a special signifigance to me as it's engraved on the lid with my own surname. Have no idea which relative was given the razor in 1968, however it's a remarkable coincidence which makes the Hoffy even more special to me.

And, I don't care what Fleming wrote, or how people have interpretted it . . . the 'heavy toothed' razor James Bond bought in New York (in my mind) is that very razor.

I'm SO VERY NOT going to provoke Vinny (not Joe) & make him turn green over anyone's interpretation of a fictional character's choice of kit. In fact, to me, one of the gr8 things about books over films is that we get to picture things the way we want.
So now, when I use the slant, I'll know that it's ok to imagine that Bond may have used one (had he existed). To paraphrase the old 'Enry Cooper Brut ad, "Tell the guys Vinny said so !" Which is goodly enough for me.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

From Prof Blighty:

Red ginger AS
Green ginger AS
Rosewood AS (roses and sandalwood)
Rosewood soap

Promptly delivered and perfectly packaged, as usual :).

Finally got my paws on a Hoff courtesy of Pedro's clearout.

It's a beaut! That's another gibbon removed from my back.

IMAG0247.jpg

Marlborough shaving soap and Arlington shaving cream from disparate sources, but priced low enough to find hard to refuse. Getting on famously with the Marlborough at the moment.

A friend passed on some Bluebeard's revenge cream too, but not sure when it will find its way into my rotation. A bit outclassed by the others.

Wow, what an end to a memorable week. Deaf rescue dog got spayed, I got a card in for my minor oral surgery in Glasgow on 19th, Hoffy slant from Kev and this morning a securely wrapped package from Pedro's stash containing a Hoffy travel razor in its case and a very kind PIF of a 50s or 60s old stock Floris wooden bowl with a virtually unused No 89 soap and a bottle of old stock No 89 Toilet Water in the no longer available waisted Floris bottle.
Thanks Pedro, you've now almost single handedly set up my No 89 display in the bathroom, bringing delight to this oldster's heart.

Think I have finally got myself a Pop.

The photos are a bit pants, but I think it's one of these.

Just up the road in Exeter too, shame it wasn't last night as I could have picked it up today.

1938%20Popular%20No47%20England.JPG

Back
Top Bottom