Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - Sun 15th April incl.

Was watching that and thought it possibly was the same as the one I won a few weeks ago. Nice razors!! Steve said mine was a 47.

IMG_2505.jpg

nice one mate.

It's hard to tell as the photos are so pants but I think it's the one with the rocket style handle.

I'd prefer it if it had the 'Aristo' style handle that yours has. They're my favourite style handle I think (not that you would guess!)

A nice 16 or 21 went for a very reasonable sum earlier too.

Hiya,

Grabbed a couple things at an estate sale. Bought a bottle of vintage Guerlain Vetiver aftershave, a bottle of vintage Eau Sauvage AS balm, and a NIB Givenchy 'Gentleman' large bath soap on a rope.

The Givenchy is one I hadn't sniffed before and it's pretty interesting. Top notes are Tarragon and Cinnamon, middle notes are Patchouli and Vetiver and base notes are Civet and Russian Leather.

Also found a 1946-47 Aristo in pretty good shape with the case and bladeholder. Heh, it was worth getting up early to acquire these things.

Martin

Wil kindly piffed this Gillette new, after I pm'd him and asked him to sell me one in a recent thread.
Many thanks Wil.

Cleaned it up today, hopefully give it a try tomorrow.

IMAG0323.jpg

sunburyboy93 said:
Few Bits this week (& waiting for a few more to come across the pond...)

A Gillette Shop Coin Tray:

15217d8e.jpg

Couple Of Gillette Signs, (red one i made myself, copying an old Gillette Sign)

c8243a78.jpg

b84fd1c6.jpg

bd5a9765.jpg

fd902fd7.jpg

A USA Gillette 1920 Standard #102 Model (this one has the G inside a D stamp on it which many people think means it was sent to Gillette for repair but it's wrong, the stamp is ONLY on Gillette's sold on the French Market, and only on Gold and Silver plated models, i believe this one is triple plated in silver, it looks stunning up close)

a005a66c.jpg

990405ec.jpg

b6297a4b.jpg

3a7c47bb.jpg

0b7ef9f2.jpg

A USA Gillette Gold Tech

ea4fcd66.jpg

06622bdf.jpg

e2779b75.jpg

bfee0ff8.jpg

That girl on the ice blades has nice legs. Nice finds my friend well done!

Been on sale in a nice pharmacy near where I work for about 6 weeks. All this time the only one they have left in stock and reduced to just £13 but still no takers. Until today...
Roger and Gallet L'Homme shaving puck in "wooden" shaving bowl (I.e. wood type not specified). 100g. Decided a few weeks ago that if it was still there after I got married I would buy it. The shaving gods have led me...

RE: Acquisitions w/c Mon 9th April - tue17th April incl.

just got this from the bay nice razor, and yes the handle is cracked, must be a common problem with these ones. Wrong box for razor
20120417142.jpg
no matter all I have to do is find a machine shop and have the handle tube replaced... thats going to be fun. only paid £12.99 so no big amount:icon_rolleyes:

Hi everyone, no. No Gillette '04's these last few weeks but I have been to the Derby!! This time the Derby Lavender Shave Cream. Used it this morning! Nice soap, good lather, mild fragrance and nice slide(needs to be on the damp side).

John, very nice buys. Envious!

Johnus said:
Hi everyone, no. No Gillette '04's these last few weeks but I have been to the Derby!! This time the Derby Lavender Shave Cream. Used it this morning! Nice soap, good lather, mild fragrance and nice slide(needs to be on the damp side).

Hey, what's goin on fellow Yankee,

Awwww, no more of those lovely gentle 04s around eh? That's a darn shame. Using one of those reminds me of butterfly kisses on my face.

Of course I have you to thank for the Derby blades. Yep, thanks for sending me out a small batch of only 5000. I use three blades per shave, so those will go quick.

As you may remember, the first one I tried had a medium sharp edge on one side and a dull edge on the other. How do they make em like that? In any case, they are perfect when paired with my 1919 Bulldog (another extremely mild razor like the 04.

Your best tip though was mentioning the 'Derby System' for best results. Yeah, who woulda thought those blades only work so well with the Derby shaving cream. I'm gonna buy the Derby soap also and use it with the cream for a super lathering extravaganza! Are you envious? From what I've read, the soap is an 'Old School' scented one, intending to remind shavers of a Turkish prison. Hey, that kinda sounds like Arko!

Whewwww, I believe I just used up a week's worth of sarcastic facetiousness in this one post. Well, it's for a good cause.

Dodgy

Sorry but just now I've got some more
A vintage deluxe twinplex razor blade stropper mint and never used£23.36p
A near mint rolls razor 1951 £2.99p
Will post picks when they arrive :icon_cool:

dodgy said:
Johnus said:

Hey, what's goin on fellow Yankee,

Awwww, no more of those lovely gentle 04s around eh? That's a darn shame. Using one of those reminds me of butterfly kisses on my face.

Of course I have you to thank for the Derby blades. Yep, thanks for sending me out a small batch of only 5000. I use three blades per shave, so those will go quick.

As you may remember, the first one I tried had a medium sharp edge on one side and a dull edge on the other. How do they make em like that? In any case, they are perfect when paired with my 1919 Bulldog (another extremely mild razor like the 04.

Your best tip though was mentioning the 'Derby System' for best results. Yeah, who woulda thought those blades only work so well with the Derby shaving cream. I'm gonna buy the Derby soap also and use it with the cream for a super lathering extravaganza! Are you envious? From what I've read, the soap is an 'Old School' scented one, intending to remind shavers of a Turkish prison. Hey, that kinda sounds like Arko!

Whewwww, I believe I just used up a week's worth of sarcastic facetiousness in this one post. Well, it's for a good cause.

Dodgy
Man,at least you ain't boring no body can Say that about you :icon_lol:

got my r41 today was expecting more of a razor really, but I haven't shaved in 2 days so ill use it tonight , I also had my nice boxed tech , my rolls blades in containers and a unused culmark chum for the empty shaving brush case

Back
Top Bottom