Acquisitions - October 2021

View attachment 79020View attachment 79021My AC razor journey delves deeper today as my Hawk v3 A arrived today, many thank @jphelan81 its in great nick! The handle looks amazing and may be my joint favourite visually with my blackbird. Many thanks for the blades as well.
Another visit to @Boycie83’s Emporium arrived while I was away this weekend and I had a great shave this morning with the OSP Herb Garden and tomorrow will be trying P&B Star Noir! Again thanks for the blades, between you both I’m set up for a few
months use at least!
It’s arrival and the Excalibur’s does herald an end to my time with the Karve. It was probably my first bit of higher end kit and though it’s amazingly well built, and looks great it’s not as natural a fit with me as my other acquisitions of late so it’s out of the den and hopefully to a new home!
Minted sir iam awaiting one arriving from the us I went for the super knurl handle

One shave in and I love it! I wouldn’t say it was aggressive though, mid at best and this is only my second day shaving with a AC razor.
Likewise, if it was the only plate I had tried there's no way I'd call it aggressive. Here's interesting, though ... I have the regular plate as well and to my face, that one feels to be the more aggressive. I like to think "A" means "alternative".

You made the right choice - the A plate is far more refined and gives an absolutely hassle-free shave. You can increase its efficiency with a Feather ProSuper or equivalent deeper blade.

... best handle, too mate :cool:

I am NOT starting another rabbit hole!
This arrived and has been cleaned up. All research that I've now done tells me it's a Canadian E3.
I'm glad I didn't see the advice not to clean it like I have until afterwards, as the amount of crap and crud on its inside was immense.
Despite this, I think it has come up really well and couldn't feel any blade chatter when I tried to nudge it by hand after clipping it back up together and inserting a new blade.
The bakelite case also looks pretty good, but the new Schick blades I got don't quite fit in the case.
It should be appearing in the SoTD soon, but I'll have to really take my time as I'm a little unsure how aggressive they are.
I'm also waiting for the Parker injector from Connaught to arrive, so we will have to see where they fit into my current waiting list to appear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-231703__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-231703__01.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211027_190402__01.jpg
    IMG_20211027_190402__01.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211027_190251__01.jpg
    IMG_20211027_190251__01.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211027_190316__01.jpg
    IMG_20211027_190316__01.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211027_190331.jpg
    IMG_20211027_190331.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6
I am NOT starting another rabbit hole!
This arrived and has been cleaned up. All research that I've now done tells me it's a Canadian E3.
I'm glad I didn't see the advice not to clean it like I have until afterwards, as the amount of crap and crud on its inside was immense.
Despite this, I think it has come up really well and couldn't feel any blade chatter when I tried to nudge it by hand after clipping it back up together and inserting a new blade.
The bakelite case also looks pretty good, but the new Schick blades I got don't quite fit in the case.
It should be appearing in the SoTD soon, but I'll have to really take my time as I'm a little unsure how aggressive they are.
I'm also waiting for the Parker injector from Connaught to arrive, so we will have to see where they fit into my current waiting list to appear.
I hope you didn't rotate the spring, you can't on that model without weakening it, that's why it was locked at the top.

I hope you didn't rotate the
@TobyC I did, but thankfully it doesn't seem to have had too much negative impact, it performed well this morning.
As I said it was absolutely minging, so would have needed a sonic bath or similar. Thankfully I have electronics tools so didn't hack at it with big screwdrivers.
I shall refrain from doing it again!

@TobyC I did, but thankfully it doesn't seem to have had too much negative impact, it performed well this morning.
As I said it was absolutely minging, so would have needed a sonic bath or similar. Thankfully I have electronics tools so didn't hack at it with big screwdrivers.
I shall refrain from doing it again!
Believe me I fully understand wanting to thoroughly clean a used razor, and I think the original intent of that design was to rotate to open for cleaning. They must have had too many returns from ham fisted guys bending the spring so they locked it in place.
My E3 (US) is a great shaver, the light weight kinda threw me at first, but it's a quick learn. Nice razor! (y)

I just couldn't help it!
The WS-D2 razor was on my want list for a very long time and has been in and out of my cart for about a year.
Screenshot_20211029-123611_Photos.jpg20211029_123305~2.jpg
Then I thought "why not" to the Parker as it was in stock as I happened to look yesterday morning and I do like an injector.
20211029_123323~2.jpg
Brilliant service again from Paul at Connaught shaving.
I used my TSR discount which helped it along.
If the Feather shaves as good as it looks I will be a happy lad.

Back
Top Bottom