Acquisitions - October 2021

Beautiful haul! How’s the scent on Buddha wood and Scottish heather to your nose?
It’s quite woody & has a touch of sandlewood in i believe but not as woody & spicey as say osp sandlewood.
it’s actually very pleasant
i get the ginger, rose & spices.
the website say oud but i’m not actually sure on its own what that smells like.
The heather is Class, with the wickhams being quite floral where as the gentleman’s groom room heather has a more honey, whisky note and for me a better scent,
saying that i do eat a fair bit of honey & im been known to have the odd Dram

It’s quite woody & has a touch of sandlewood in i believe but not as woody & spicey as say osp sandlewood.
it’s actually very pleasant
i get the ginger, rose & spices.
the website say oud but i’m not actually sure on its own what that smells like.
The heather is Class, with the wickhams being quite floral where as the gentleman’s groom room heather has a more honey, whisky note and for me a better scent,
saying that i do eat a fair bit of honey & im been known to have the odd Dram
Thanks Mike! Probably will end up pulling the trigger on Buddha wood sometime soon - was eyeing it up for a while haha

My vintage COTY Avocado Shaving Bowl arrived and my goodness, it pulls up a heavy cream lather from a quick test!

I also got an Omega S-Brush, which I have had before but cannot remember using. Hopefully, it's like a paleo-Cashmere boar impersonator. Fingers crossed. That, and a tub of Cella (the Extra Extra Purissmo] and to my puzzlement, no ingredient list on the bottom of the tub but it is on the box ... and ... no Tetrasodium EDTA!!??

22AC58A6-4418-4FFD-BF9A-5F26F87303C1.jpeg44F74AD3-BB68-4024-8412-2C603FF5A150.jpegMy AC razor journey delves deeper today as my Hawk v3 A arrived today, many thank @jphelan81 its in great nick! The handle looks amazing and may be my joint favourite visually with my blackbird. Many thanks for the blades as well.
Another visit to @Boycie83’s Emporium arrived while I was away this weekend and I had a great shave this morning with the OSP Herb Garden and tomorrow will be trying P&B Star Noir! Again thanks for the blades, between you both I’m set up for a few
months use at least!
It’s arrival and the Excalibur’s does herald an end to my time with the Karve. It was probably my first bit of higher end kit and though it’s amazingly well built, and looks great it’s not as natural a fit with me as my other acquisitions of late so it’s out of the den and hopefully to a new home!

Back
Top Bottom