Acquisitions - October 2021

I just couldn't help it!
The WS-D2 razor was on my want list for a very long time and has been in and out of my cart for about a year.
View attachment 79153View attachment 79155
Then I thought "why not" to the Parker as it was in stock as I happened to look yesterday morning and I do like an injector.
View attachment 79156
Brilliant service again from Paul at Connaught shaving.
I used my TSR discount which helped it along.
If the Feather shaves as good as it looks I will be a happy lad.
You need some Feather blades to go with it T :sneaky:

Thread '200 x Feather Blades - £34' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/200-x-feather-blades-34.55649/

I just couldn't help it!
The WS-D2 razor was on my want list for a very long time and has been in and out of my cart for about a year.
View attachment 79153View attachment 79155
Then I thought "why not" to the Parker as it was in stock as I happened to look yesterday morning and I do like an injector.
View attachment 79156
Brilliant service again from Paul at Connaught shaving.
I used my TSR discount which helped it along.
If the Feather shaves as good as it looks I will be a happy lad.
I like the knife. :cool:

Just arrived from Connaught's.
I think that 2 x injector razors is enough for now!
I only got the Schick because I was after the Parker and it was out of stock everywhere, so went looking for a Schick M2, couldn't find one on the bay that I thought looked decent in the pics, so put in a bid on the E3 and won.
Then, no sooner had I won the bid, got an email to tell me the Parker was back in stock.
Rude not to order something else as well, so here it is!

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_130913__01.jpg
    IMG_20211029_130913__01.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 8
Yeah I was also ogling the knife that was distracting me from the shave gear!

OK, I may have to retake my acquisition of the day pic with my Spyderco UKPK unsubtly in the foreground! In fairness I did use it to take the cellophane off the X-Bolt hahaha!

Popped to the shops to get a few groceries and somehow a few bargains fell into my bag.

Ooh how did that shiv get in there?!
16355392937095703499253048418738.jpg
Tabac EdC, not the AS, £9 in TK Maxx, Nivea half price in Boots (Nick I think you were to blame for that hot tip off?) then I had to go to Lidl anyway (pretext, groceries) and there was one X-Bolt hiding behind the balms plus my favourite non-stingy moisturiser for pocket change so that followed me home too. AdP it ain't, granted, but I've no need of smelling *that* good these days!

Last edited:
Hey guys and girls, my new old stock birth year Stiz just showed up. Absolutely unused, still with 52 year old grease traces. The seller also sent me this funny little pin badge that says ПЕРЕМОЖЕЦЬ which I believe means champion or winner, but I don't know in what context it was made. Cool though.

Box and razor absolutely mint. Obviously not shave ready. I thought I'd give it a few laps on freshly re-lapped balsa with 1, 0.5, 0.25 and 0.1 mic diamond, followed by some laps on leather with Dialux black ultra fine paste but realistically it probably wants the bevel setting and then a full progression. I know these Russian razors are hard hard steel and probably not the ideal choice for a noob honer but when I get my 12k Nani I will probably have a go. I've got a 2k/5k stone that I use for my knives (and an 800 but I think that might be too coarse?) Also I wonder if the grind wasn't top notch from the factory as the spine on one side looks a bit rough. I will take more pics and start a new thread in the straights section when I have more time but for now, here's my new toy.

So I did successfully shave with it after the diamond and Dialux but it wasn't great! No reflection on the razor, it has the factory edge and it's 52 years old so I was not expecting it to be shave ready but it might be a little project for me, albeit jumping in at the deep end with Moscow metal.

What do you reckon?

20211030_122555.jpg20211030_121048.jpg

Back
Top Bottom