Acquisitions Monday 11th feb to Sunday 18th

simmo3801 said:
I bought Dipeshs Weber ARC which arrived yesterday. I wanted it for a spare as I have a polished one already but I'm now thinking a UFO handle would be a better change.....

You know it makes sense![attachment=6566]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360882234.060430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360882234.060430.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

This razor turned up in Tuesday's post it is a Schick J3 Golden 500, an e-bay purchase from the weekend. I payed £4.99 for the razor and £3.00 postage which has to be a bargain.

I was the only bidder on the razor, this always makes me think, what have I missed that all those other people have spotted? In this case the answer was nothing at all, I call it e-bay paranoia!

It needed no more than a light scrub with a toothbrush and some fairy liquid.
Regards
Dick.]

Very nice little treasure for a great price. Personally, I like that handle and head design (J type I believe) and you're right about it being on the mild side. It's gonna shave similar to the L type. I would guess those blades might still be good ones.

Martin

Big_zps86b1b9c7.jpg

Lovely Old Type Gillette Big Fellow courtesy of a swap with Jamies.

It's a beast!

Dave.B said:
My 2 slants arrived from germany the ornate one is made by Golf the other is unmarked but i love the marbling effect on the handle and head...

And very nice they both are, congratulations Dave.

Sunburyboy93 said:
Tall_Paul said:
Lovely Old Type Gillette Big Fellow courtesy of a swap with Jamies.

It's a beast!

think that could be my old one i sold him, it's doing some miles :icon_razz::icon_razz:

It is indeed, the box came from even further afield (Holland) so it's definatley racking up the miles.

[/quote]

Just ordered myself a tub of this too. Body Shop have 40% discount today (24 hours only) so it seemed rude not to.

40% Discount code, btw, is 'LOVEYOU'.
[/quote]
Was going to order some there thought why not at 4.80 but there is a 2.99 delivery charge so not the biggest bargain

Just ordered myself a tub of this too. Body Shop have 40% discount today (24 hours only) so it seemed rude not to.

40% Discount code, btw, is 'LOVEYOU'.
[/quote]
Was going to order some there thought why not at 4.80 but there is a 2.99 delivery charge so not the biggest bargain
[/quote]

I ordered it among a lot of other stuff so I managed free delivery. Maybe not value if you intend buying it alone.

Got some of the Body Shop shaving cream managed to slip it into the wife's order the other day:)
Also Sul Filo Del Rasoio anti wrinkle cream from Proraso ( well I'm getting on a bit these days!) and village barber shaving oil and balm

Some great stuff arrived today:

Gem OC MicroMatic razor - bought on the bay for approx $40 incl shipping, from the USA. It's in excellent condition.

And from a local online supplier:
Merkur slant 37c
Semogue 830 boar brush
Thayer's Superhazel
Proraso AS lotion
Astra SS and SP blades

A picture of the Gem OCMM!
[attachment=6572]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944018.526463.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944018.526463.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 46
I not its no big purchase and nothing to shout about by I got my Nanjie TTO today. Only bought it for the box to put my de89 in when am traveling. But for the sum of £1.64I go the razor, one blade a wee brush and the case. Will probably ditch the razor and line the case with some foam or felt to give my 89 some protection but it fits quite well when you remover the original plastic lining

Back
Top Bottom