Acquisitions Monday 11th feb to Sunday 18th

jds said:
Brianpilman said:
Thanks for the birthday wishes chaps. Quite like the fact that the c&e tubes come with a key so you can get every last bit out

MMmmmm I ordered some C&E cream and added a couple of extra keys (£2 a throw) for my other creams. Free postage too for Valentine's Day. They look good too I think. Noticed a tube key on a SOTD photo a week or so ago.

Cheers,

Jon

Have to agree they look better than tube keys I've seen in the past at least should be able to remove from a used up tube with ease

Northam Saint said:
Etat Libre D'Orange Sex Pistols bargain £4.99 from The Fragrance Shop. Plus postage but Etat Libre fragrances are normally something in the region of £50 plus.

Nearly took a punt on this one a couple of weeks ago.

How do you rate it?

Pete

Incase anyone has an interest http://www.basenotes.net/ID26133226.html

SAINT12661 said:
Northam Saint said:
Etat Libre D'Orange Sex Pistols bargain £4.99 from The Fragrance Shop. Plus postage but Etat Libre fragrances are normally something in the region of £50 plus.

Nearly took a punt on this one a couple of weeks ago.

How do you rate it?

Pete

Incase anyone has an interest http://www.basenotes.net/ID26133226.html

I like it, I bought a bottle a while ago and decided it was good enough to buy another. It lasts a fair way through the day. I'm crap at describing scents but you can smell the Patchouli and citrus. Scents are so personal what smells good to one nose may smell awful to another. It's also a EDP so stronger than an EDT.

I have read it is the same as Etat Libre D'Orange Secretions, just in a differently labelled bottle and box. How true that is I don't know.

Imagen%2520507.jpg

Two Palmolive sticks (not vintage) at all of 50p from the Sue Ryder shop.

Times are hard here so I'm cutting back, if you'll forgive the shave-related pun.

I didn't purchase all this today, these were accumulated whilst stuck and bored at work in the North Sea armed with an iPad, an Internet connection and a now empty wallet. These were all collected from the post office this morning and I recreated Christmas morning in February! :)
13/16th C. Myers and son straight razor (eBay).
11/16th Kropp (eBay)
5/8th TI Le Grelot (UKRob)
11/16th C.V. Heljestrand (Mikael, along with a surprise small puck of Nanny's lavender soft soap)
24mm silver tip badger Rod Neep brush with masur birch handle.
Nanny's neroli luxury shaving soap.
Nanny's Arabian twilight hard shaving soap.
Penhaligon's Sartorial cologne.
I must thank you guys for introducing me to Penhaligon's , Nanny's and pens of the forest brushes, all of whom I was unaware of a month ago. Along with other brands, I think I may be an owner of one of Fido's brushes before long. Also Rob and Mikael for parting with two stunning razors.

Scott.

CQczI1C.jpg

Arrived over the weekend:

The Village Barber Shave Oil - tried it underneath my lather and it gave me my best shave yet! Barely noticed my razor as it glided across my face. Next time I'll try it sans soap.

1969 Super Adjustable long handle arrived from France. Bought it from FrenchBlade in the BST section - fantastic condition. Huge thanks to FrenchBlade and TSR.

Just received this morning the Proraso Green and Blue tubes today along with the green pre shave. Never used any of these products before, so looking forward to trying some of them tonight!

speick shave stick and aftershave lotion (plus about 12 samples of their other ranges - nice)

tobs aftershave

100 polsilver super iridiums

dovo straight as a part of a swap

fantastic week here doing business with various forumites :)

Back
Top Bottom