Acquisitions Mon 6th Jun - Sun 12th Jun.

Got this a couple of weeks back, here in town, from a guy that gets stuff from clearance sales, etc.

Paid 15 Ls for it, that's close to 19 quid.

Had it set aside, to send it to Andy for honing, however just now I gave it a good strop and actually think I may try and shave with it soon. Looks in pretty good shape to me, although whether it is shave ready or not is a totally different story altogether (and I don't think it is, but I can try to find out).

R0012390.jpg

R0012394.jpg

R0012391.jpg

R0012392.jpg

R0012393.jpg

Just got back from france a couple of hours ago, including 6 packs of Gillette bleue extra blades, 3 pucks of Monsavon shaving soap and 10 tube palmolive shaving cream. That Monsavon soap is great stuff, especially if you consider what it costs: 1,20 euro for 125 gr!

Yellow Jim said:
Cheers James. I'd been meaning to get one for a few months since trying out another member's for a few days, the sale pushed me over the edge. I've noticed a fair few popping up in the SOTD thread over the last week or two, it seems others couldn't resist either.

:oops:

Been a good boy this last month or so - well when it comes to Razors anyway BUT did find this tucked at the back of a shelf in a local charity shop. I asked at the counter how much are they, the little old lady was really appologetic when she said £3.50 each or the pair for £5, she said they were so expensive because of the box and that they were old.

I am yet to try them on the head, need to give them a clean first BUT did cut some arm hair easily enough

002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom