Acquisitions Mon 6th Jun - Sun 12th Jun.

1fc851fa.jpg

Just in this morning....!
All lovely....
Cheers,
Tim

Car booting at the weekend, I found 1 Cased UK Fat Handle Tech complete with 16 NOS Gillette Blue blades. I passed over 3 Alu Handled Techs in shaving sets, a ball handled Tech in rough condition and 3 rolls razors.

I found 2 1960's Telephones passed over about 8 others, and some other odds and sods.so all in all a good weekend hunting was had.

Pedro - look away now. - (I feel like I'm channelling Jim Bowen :shock: ) unless you want to hear what you could have won if you'd remembered the right day :lol:

Two German "no name" 3 piece razors.
1 Gillette British Red Tip Rocket - no plate loss that I can see... bit of soap scum up the inside of the knob, paint loss on the knob.

Birnando said:
I'm expecting a few items this week:
2 Filarmonica Novodurs,
1 Filarmonica Sub Cero
and this little thing;

RW01 by bjornarrendalsvik, on Flickr

But ... but ... it´s not fair :cry:

Congrats, nice catches! Who made the custom (looks very nice)? I would some day like to get a Tourino or a ESPB no 14 and then I would be happy and satisfied :D :lol:

Mikael said:
Congrats, nice catches! Who made the custom (looks very nice)? I would some day like to get a Tourino or a ESPB no 14 and then I would be happy and satisfied :D :lol:

Thank you, Mikael.
The Custom is made by Robert Williams. My favorite custom maker.
What made me get this one was the laminated MOP scales and also the fact that is more hollow than most customs out there:)

my new strop the buffaroo :D :D :D :D got my new strop today its a custom made one from australie by a member of badger and blade its a kangaroo and buffalo strop it puts a wicked edge and has fantastic draw one of my best strops :D :D :D

buffaroo.jpg

Merkur OC, from our Hermit.

What can I say, lots of blades as well... Many thanks UH, really appreciated... They all go with me in Greece next week, razor will stay there (as my 'resident' OC)...

Forgot to say...

Got a £20 gift voucher this morning from Brummels. I had bought a few products from them a while back. One of the products was the Boellis Panama shave soap.
This was advertized as "250 gr." until one B&B member weighted it upon delivery and found that the soap is roughly 165 gr. while it was the total package (box and soap) itself that was around 250 gr.

He then sent an email to Brummels customer support explaining the situation. They replied that they had made a mistake and that they would give out a £20 gift voucher for this. That was a few weeks back. I emailed them last night and this morning received promptly the gift voucher.

The soap is now advertized in their website with its correct approximate weight.

hunnymonster said:
Pedro - look away now. - (I feel like I'm channelling Jim Bowen :shock: ) unless you want to hear what you could have won if you'd remembered the right day :lol:

Two German "no name" 3 piece razors.
1 Gillette British Red Tip Rocket - no plate loss that I can see... bit of soap scum up the inside of the knob, paint loss on the knob.

Completely forgot about that one. Of course you only bought it for the German razors, so wouldn't mind sending the English one to me, right? :mrgreen:

moodymick said:
Carry on - there's an economy to stimulate you know!

In the spirit of economy stimulation:- A Groom Mate Platinum nose and ear trimmer, and an Edwin Jagger DE89, which I have to say is a lovely razor!

I have been wondering if the Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar is a re-badged EJ it has a ( slightly ) different handle but the rest of the razor looks pretty much the same to me. ( That's an excellent razor too ;) )

Just received 5x6 Gillette Super Thins from ebay. I tried these blades a couple of months ago (received them in a PIF) and struggled a bit. Decided at the time it was probably my developing technique (or lack of it) to blame, and when I saw the auction I decided to get some stock in. Now, I'm curious to see whether they suit the EJ89 or the Slim Adjustable better, so I am going to load them both up with a super thin and try alternate shaves, same blade, different razor.

Ainslie

Got this in the post from Ebay today:

grooming_set.jpg

That's the ebayer-supplied photo since I don't have a working camera.

Downsides: the tubes are too small for any of my brushes (they may well be for toothpaste etc). The toothbrush is a bit mangled (not that I think I'd use a vintage toothbrush anyway tbh...).

Upsides: the tubes are perfectly-sized for a shave stick. There's a perfectly good styptic pencil in the pencilholder. The case itself is in top condition. The brush is usable (probably clothes rather than hair for me at least - not sure which it's meant for! And, finally, £1.20 + £2 = cheap enough to not care much.

May still punt on some other sets though...

Also got some Palmolive cream as I wandered through Tesco buying mostly beer. Didn't buy Bulldog ASB because nobody seems to sell it - three branches of Boots and two major supermarkets all stock face wash and scrub, and two moisturisers, but nowt else. Hey ho, I have lots of ASBs anyway.

Well, I've been using a DE razor for about a month and have been well and truly hooked both on the shaving and the collecting of the razors, from about the third day :D

I ditched my Boots plastic razor about a week in, swapping for a Merkur 34C and EJ87 - and these are the only two razors I've currently had chance to use - but I hope that from the end of next week (going away again for a week) I'll be able to start trying more combinations, noting down what does and doesn't work for me...

Well, having been away for most of the last two weeks, I came home to quite a few packages (and have a load more on the way).

Anyway - here's the Gillette razors that I currently have in my possession:

GilletteGroup_001.jpg

I quite liked this little set - looked really scruffy when I got it - box still does - but the razor itself has cleaned up nicely. Just a shame about the crack on the bottom of the handle - but for just a few quid I quite liked it and thought it worthwhile - if only to satisfy my shopping needs...

Gillette_NEWCardboardSet_001.jpg

And then I picked up this little set too (still with some tissue paper covering the mirror):

Gillette_TravelSet_001.jpg

I then saw this striaght for a few quid and thought "interesting" and something I could have a go at "doing up" (or doing in - who knows!). Anyway, I've given it a brief clean - but want to spend some more time on it - so far, it looks like this:

31KronenbergSpezial_001.jpg

I've also received an unused Merkur 38C (came with 100 Derby blades and all for just £15), some Gillette 7'oclock Yellows, a selection pack of blades, an assortment of shaving soaps (Nanny's, SunburyBoy's, Provence Sante), BarberShop bay rum A/S.

And last, but most certainly NOT least, many thanks to the guys who have PIF'd blades to me to try out: Gillette 7 o'clock Greens (really like these), Gillette Bleue and Wilkinson Sword - yet to try these last two!

I'm away for another week from tomorrow and am expecting to again return to another mountain of shaving related packages :D

Millay said:
Car booting at the weekend, I found 1 Cased UK Fat Handle Tech complete with 16 NOS Gillette Blue blades. I passed over 3 Alu Handled Techs in shaving sets, a ball handled Tech in rough condition and 3 rolls razors.

I found 2 1960's Telephones passed over about 8 others, and some other odds and sods.so all in all a good weekend hunting was had.

That takes me back. Radio and telephone collections preceded my bells. Most are gone now although I still have this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fido-bells.blogspot.com/2006/06/type-16-telephone.html">http://fido-bells.blogspot.com/2006/06/ ... phone.html</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom