Acquisitions Mon 6th Jun - Sun 12th Jun.

Rasoirs_0020_Joris_0020_004.jpg

Just couldn't resist. Will save until my technique is better, and maybe order a Feather as an Xmas present.

That's it now. :lol:

Entirely unexpected & very welcome PIF from the computer overlords who be; including Dusk shaving soap, Arko sensitive cream & many assorted packets of blades. Thanks very much indeed my urbane overlord friend, I shall think kindly of you as I wallow in this unaccustomed luxury in the morning.

JohnnyO. \ :D /

Cheers James. I'd been meaning to get one for a few months since trying out another member's for a few days, the sale pushed me over the edge. I've noticed a fair few popping up in the SOTD thread over the last week or two, it seems others couldn't resist either.

Went to a Car Boot this morning and found these:

Flair Tip Superspeed
Ever Ready 1912
GEM "Micromatic"
Ever Ready "Streamlime"
Ever Ready "Frame"
and 4 packs of vintage Blades.

Need a little clean but i'm sure they will all scrub up well

7f8da7e5.jpg

013af972.jpg

d62438a4.jpg

df2dcb34.jpg

Yellow Jim said:
I'd been meaning to get one for a few months since trying out another member's for a few days, the sale pushed me over the edge. I've noticed a fair few popping up in the SOTD thread over the last week or two, it seems others couldn't resist either.
This brush is so good that I thought about getting a second one, now that VS had birthday (I bought one few months back).
Well, there'll be another VS birthday next year same time I suppose...

sunburyboy93 said:
Went to a Car Boot this morning and found these:

Flair Tip Superspeed
Ever Ready 1912
GEM "Micromatic"
Ever Ready "Streamlime"
Ever Ready "Frame"
and 4 packs of vintage Blades.

Need a little clean but i'm sure they will all scrub up well

Have you tried shaving with a Streamline Steve? I know you like your SEs. I've one here but haven't tried it yet, apparently they are a bit more aggressive than the 1912.

I thought you'd have learnt your lesson with vintage blades. ;)

joe mcclaine said:
Nice.

There was a time when the English Red Tip SS and the Red Tip Rocket were 'Grail' razors for me.

Thought (and was led to believe) they were as rare as rocking horse what's name but now it appears they are all over the gaff.

That's what caught my eye, i think the last one i had seen available was through merwtje on the BST last year.

Tall_Paul said:

Just couldn't resist. Will save until my technique is better, and maybe order a Feather as an Xmas present.

Nice razor, have you used it yet? I find mine very much on the aggressive side, maybe you will be OK with it but I urge caution with your blade choice and make sure you are gentle on that first use.....unless you used it this morning in which case you may be at A&E :lol:

Seemed a decent excuse for some pimpage of mine, not that I need an excuse :roll:

03.jpg

Audiolab said:
Tall_Paul said:

Nice razor, have you used it yet? I find mine very much on the aggressive side, maybe you will be OK with it but I urge caution with your blade choice and make sure you are gentle on that first use.....unless you used it this morning in which case you may be at A&E :lol:

Seemed a decent excuse for some pimpage of mine, not that I need an excuse :roll:

03.jpg

Your photos actually inspired me to buy it! It's the only DE razor on the Plisson website ATM.

Only ordered it this morning, and won't use it for a while until my technique improves. I was thinking about trying an Astra Platinum in it.

What persuaded me into buying it (and I'm sure the Feather will do the same too) is the beautiful design and craftsmanship. These are razors that will, hopefully, be with me forever. However if I do decide to sell it on, I'll put it on here first.

Yellow Jim said:
Cheers James. I'd been meaning to get one for a few months since trying out another member's for a few days, the sale pushed me over the edge. I've noticed a fair few popping up in the SOTD thread over the last week or two, it seems others couldn't resist either.

Only brush I use now it really is superb!

Back
Top Bottom