Acquisitions Mon 6th Jun - Sun 12th Jun.

Re: Majestic open-comb razor

Yellow Jim said:
Mikael said:
Yellow Jim said:
This silver-plated British open-comb razor was waiting for me when I got back on Sunday. Inside the case is I presume the name of the manufacturer Majestic Regd and the phrases Made in Britain, World Protected. There are also two chrome-plated (?) blade boxes. The only markings on the razor are the Made in Britain stamps.

The razor cleaned up really nicely using the bicarbonate of soda, aluminium foil trick. Before and after pics are below.

Does anyone know anything about this razor or manufacturer?

That´s an Old Style Single Ring razor - the first ones :D. rather agressive razors too :D. There could be a number on the part that goes up, from underneeth or on the comb part.

It did remind me of the single rings, apart from the fact it's a different manufacturer. It looks the same, even down to the similar looking box. Did Gillette produce them for other companys? Or were copies of them made by others?

It was quite an aggressive shaver! :shock:

Well, I guess it could have been like that - a big enough company orders a massive amount with their "own" brand on it. Several straight razor manufactors did that for other companies (Double Duck being the most famous, I think).

joe mcclaine said:
I bought the following cologne samples:

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Voleur de Roses
Histoires de Parfums - 1828 - Jules Verne
Histoires de Parfums - 1725 - Casanova
Histoires de Parfums - 1969 - Parfum de Révolte
Histoires de Parfums - Noir Patchouli
Histoires de Parfums - Ambre 114

where from, im desperatly looking for some samples as I only have a couple of after shaves and no colognes and would like to try before i buy, my problem being i cannot order online unless its via paypal.

Vinny,

Guess what has turned up in my local post office today after a 'lost in transit' 7 weeks' journey... :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock:

(Emanuel - never lose hope :roll: :!: )

More via PM soon.

joe mcclaine said:
I'll stand the boys down then.
Yes, please do.
I'm sure we'll find another case to deploy them on. :p

So,

BB (new formulation) ss in bowl, along with a BB bath soap bar, courtesy of Vinny, received today. Lovely smell. Thank you.

A nice package from the US of A................A TV Super Speed, looks like it has had not had much use as I have not even cleaned it yet.......... :D :D
[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]

As Mick says you can never have too many flairtips........ :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 107
An F2 Fatboy - my first Fatboy. Very pleased with it, particularly the weight and feel.

My mate also bought me a surprise cream - DR Harris Marlborough. Haven't used a hard cream before but seems good to me. The smell is very subtle - classy and inoffensive.

Found a gentlemans grooming kit, minus mirror at the car boot. The razor didn't look like the usual tech, it was a Flairtip Rocket in very nice condition.

£3 later it was mine.

Home we go, kit is nice, chromium plated boxes and tubes, a culmark brush, and a semi used soap stick.

Cleaned the razor with washing up liquid etc, and it came up shiny as shite. Hmmm, I thought this is a little too shiny, let's compare with my other Flairtip Rocket. Hmmm, the handle knurling is different.

Google.

I've only gone and picked up a rhodium plated TV rocket for £3.

Bosh.

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

On t'left.

cubert said:
Found a gentlemans grooming kit, minus mirror at the car boot. The razor didn't look like the usual tech, it was a Flairtip Rocket in very nice condition.

£3 later it was mine.

Home we go, kit is nice, chromium plated boxes and tubes, a culmark brush, and a semi used soap stick.

Cleaned the razor with washing up liquid etc, and it came up shiny as shite. Hmmm, I thought this is a little too shiny, let's compare with my other Flairtip Rocket. Hmmm, the handle knurling is different.

Google.

I've only gone and picked up a rhodium plated TV rocket for £3.

Bosh.

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

On t'left.

these are nice, i got mine a couple of years ago in a grooming kit too, same as yours looks unused and extra nice as it's rhodium, bloody good find, where is your car boot.....i'm coming this weekend !!!!!

Went a bit bonkers in Florence.

Santa Maria Novella Melograno AS and EDT/Cologne, Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo EDT, Piper Nigrum EDT, Uomo Shave Soap.

2 'farmacia' colognes, Ambre and Bergamot

2 tubes of Palmolive Classica (red tubes), 3 small tubs of Proraso (1 Euro a tub)

and a bottle of williams AV

All the way from Ontario:

RazoRock XXX shave cream/soap tub and RazoRock natural after shave wax.

Excellent service from the ItalianBarber.com, took only one week from Canada to Greece for delivery via standard postal service.

3 more Gruntal storage tins from Ikea to grate soap into.

My local Organic farm shop stocks the full Speick range so I may try a shave stick, just to use one of the tins obviously...... they also stock Weleda products including after shave balm. Speick sticks are £4 and the Weleda £11 so no doubt will feature here in the future......

A cased #77 and a bargain redtip and flairtip cheers steve :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 18b08efc.jpg
    18b08efc.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 862beb4a.jpg
    862beb4a.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom