Acquisitions Mon 6th Jun - Sun 12th Jun.

hunnymonster said:
Pedro - look away now. - (I feel like I'm channelling Jim Bowen :shock: ) unless you want to hear what you could have won if you'd remembered the right day :lol:

Two German "no name" 3 piece razors.
1 Gillette British Red Tip Rocket - no plate loss that I can see... bit of soap scum up the inside of the knob, paint loss on the knob.

Here are the two German razors...

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on ID, I'm all ears.

Here's the Red Tip

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

And here he is with his transatlantic cousin (both on their respective correct sides of the road)

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

Close up of the heads of both

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Fido said:
Millay said:
Car booting at the weekend, I found 1 Cased UK Fat Handle Tech complete with 16 NOS Gillette Blue blades. I passed over 3 Alu Handled Techs in shaving sets, a ball handled Tech in rough condition and 3 rolls razors.

I found 2 1960's Telephones passed over about 8 others, and some other odds and sods.so all in all a good weekend hunting was had.

That takes me back. Radio and telephone collections preceded my bells. Most are gone now although I still have this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fido-bells.blogspot.com/2006/06/">http://fido-bells.blogspot.com/2006/06/</a><!-- m --> ... phone.html

Hey Fido Hoep you are well, Ive progressed into telephones now, the shop is full of them.

i love the Ericsson Skeleton phone, and being a original number 16 really adds to it. Probably about the only GPO telephone not to pass through my hands. Thats not just a telephone you have there but a really good investment as the prices are just continuing to rise.

Majestic open-comb razor

This silver-plated British open-comb razor was waiting for me when I got back on Sunday. Inside the case is I presume the name of the manufacturer Majestic Regd and the phrases Made in Britain, World Protected. There are also two chrome-plated (?) blade boxes. The only markings on the razor are the Made in Britain stamps.

The razor cleaned up really nicely using the bicarbonate of soda, aluminium foil trick. Before and after pics are below.

Does anyone know anything about this razor or manufacturer?

Before
DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1030.jpg

After
DSC_1045.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

DSC_1055.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

Re: Majestic open-comb razor

Yellow Jim said:
This silver-plated British open-comb razor was waiting for me when I got back on Sunday. Inside the case is I presume the name of the manufacturer Majestic Regd and the phrases Made in Britain, World Protected. There are also two chrome-plated (?) blade boxes. The only markings on the razor are the Made in Britain stamps.

The razor cleaned up really nicely using the bicarbonate of soda, aluminium foil trick. Before and after pics are below.

That´s an Old Style Single Ring razor - the first ones :D. rather agressive razors too :D. There could be a number on the part that goes up, from underneeth or on the comb part.

Mikael said:
Yellow Jim said:

That´s an Old Style Single Ring razor - the first ones :D. rather agressive razors too :D. There could be a number on the part that goes up, from underneeth or on the comb part.

It did remind me of the single rings, apart from the fact it's a different manufacturer. It looks the same, even down to the similar looking box. Did Gillette produce them for other companys? Or were copies of them made by others?

It was quite an aggressive shaver! :shock:

Yellow Jim said:
Mikael said:
Yellow Jim said:

It did remind me of the single rings, apart from the fact it's a different manufacturer. It looks the same, even down to the similar looking box. Did Gillette produce them for other companys? Or were copies of them made by others?

It was quite an aggressive shaver! :shock:

I have one of these as well its a gillette clone and is almost identical, my thoughts were it was probably produced for boots in the 1960's.. but mine was boxeless

just bought today a masons crabtree & evelyn shaving mug of the bay looks very understated and classey.cant find a great deal about them on the net anybody know if its tat or treasure.

I bought the following cologne samples:

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Voleur de Roses
Histoires de Parfums - 1828 - Jules Verne
Histoires de Parfums - 1725 - Casanova
Histoires de Parfums - 1969 - Parfum de Révolte
Histoires de Parfums - Noir Patchouli
Histoires de Parfums - Ambre 114

Back
Top Bottom