Where the Mitchell's wool soap belongs... in the bin!

I've been using MWF almost solidly for over month, trying to get rid of an old puck.

No issues lathering it and its damn fine stuff, but dar god it doesn't disappear too quickly!

...To me it's almost a 10-80-10 split when it comes to soaps;
10% are dreadful, 80% are perfectly fine and 10% are exceptional.
Thing is...the line between the 80% and the upper 10% seems to constantly move depending on if I face later, use a scuttle, shave at a hotel or at home, the amount of water, etc, etc - to the point where almost 90% oh soaps are 'ok' for me...

I have been pondering this grouping theory of yours and am inclined to agree with it. I will add that many a good blade has probably been judged unfairly due to a lower quality soap/cream as well as faulty user technique/prep. I have some personal "benchmark" soaps I use such as Cella, Palmolive stick, etc., that I use to determine if a blade is worth a hoot. This small cadre of soaps never lets me down IF I do my part well. The thing is, cost does not necessarily equate performance. Just my 2 cents.

You can't hide the fact that MWF has the scent of Granny's knicker drawer i.e. Victorian washhouse with a touch of mothballs.

magic-knickers.gif

I just wish some other soap manufacturers IE Artisans could make the same kind of quality pot containers as Mitchells do. I'd love an OSP or Wickhams ceramic jar. I'd happily pay the premium for one over the standard plastic pot.

I don't think you'd be the only one :) I do like the ceramic pot, it gives a touch of something special to the whole experience.

I just wish some other soap manufacturers IE Artisans could make the same kind of quality pot containers as Mitchells do. I'd love an OSP or Wickhams ceramic jar. I'd happily pay the premium for one over the standard plastic pot.

I bought some ceramic pots from flea bay and all my hard soaps have been grated into them.

Back
Top Bottom