Where the Mitchell's wool soap belongs... in the bin!

had had it... to have to watch online videos just to learn to lather a damn soap with all the superb other soaps out there... not acceptable!! What a waste of effort and time.
!! So very unceremoniously in the bin! Looked great there. Relieved!
I Agree..MWF has a Popular Forum Led Cult Following..I Guess they all Watch East Benders as Well..Its the Most Over Rated Soap on the Planet & Brit Made Garbage..Not Fit for Purpose..In Fact..To Borrow a Straight Razor Dictum..Its Not Shave Ready..:eek:

Billy

I Agree..MWF has a Popular Forum Led Cult Following..I Guess they all Watch East Benders as Well..Its the Most Over Rated Soap on the Planet & Brit Made Garbage..Not Fit for Purpose..In Fact..To Borrow a Straight Razor Dictum..Its Not Shave Ready..:eek:

Billy
I disagree, and I don't watch any London based soap opera's, if you can't get a good lather from it give it to me! :)

I always have found it a doddle to lather and a top tier soap to use.
About 5mins before I shave cover it with water. I always do this with my brush anyway so not hassle. Strop my razor, wash my face, pick out an aftershave. By then it's good to go.
I do agree however if it doesn't work for you, get rid. Shaving is zen calm, relax time not stressing to get the soap to perform time.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It's still my favourite soap at the moment but I think there is a bit of a break in period for a new puck until it absorbs a bit of water and softens up a bit, especially if you are in a hard water area like me. Until that happens you have to put a bit more effort into loading the brush.

I suppose that the real question is whether or not you think that it is worth this effort. I personally think that it is especially for the price but YMMV.

I've never had any problem building lather with the MWF. In fact, to me, it's likely the easiest hard soap, no brainer really.

Having read many reviews or threads about the difficulty of lathering the MWF, the only explanation I can think of is the nature of the water, maybe the harder is the water, the harder it is to lather, although I'm in SW London, where water is supposed to be hard...

Silly guys. Forget The Fat. You need The SHEEP.

c9787d4fdd586cd7bd2b3fde2eae2f75.jpg

MWF works great for me on every level. If it doesn't work for you it doesn't mean that you are no good at lathering, it doesn't mean your brush is no good or anything else like that. It just means that it doesn't work for you, and that's fine. Someone else might like the opportunity to give it a spin, though.

Back
Top Bottom