Where the Mitchell's wool soap belongs... in the bin!

See original points. Qualifies for the bin!!! NO soap should require ANY effort at all. What a waste! There's a positive side, granted: my bin smelt ok for the day.
Every soap requires some effort unless you have managed to find one where you just look at the puck and the lather has magically appeared on your face. You seem to be a bit angry just because you don't like a soap that other people like.

...MWF appears not to work for as many people as it does worrk for..strange. I agree with the OP. The soap was finicky for me, mildly irritating and the puck cracks and dries without regular use. Just look at all of the myriad tutorials on how to lather the soap...what's going on?' So many find the soap 'not fit for purpose'. Just look at Nick Shaves first review of MWF...10 minutes of vigorous lathering on his face resulting in a piss poor watery dissapearing lather. Or what about Busta's tutorial on lathering MWF?' then their's Mantic's tutorial. They all recommend different, convoluted, lengthy 'how to' lather MWF instructions. Frankly IKEA's flat pack furniture assembly instructions are easier to follow. Then there are the legion of shavers asserting how the soap for them is the sweat on the dogs bollocks...strange...

Honestly my approach to MWF doesn't require anything unusual.

I don't pre-wet / soak / bloom the puck or do a ritual dance or anything, just take the lid off and load using a slightly less damp brush. Too wet and you get lots of froth. My approach with any soap is to load it like I hate it, I have too much soap anyway and lots of lather is a good thing. Load plenty and then face lather. The only wrinkle I've found with it is that it looks ready before it is, at that point add a little more water, bit more brushing and have at it.

I have a few stand-out performers but on lather alone MWF is the best.

It's already been proven on here that water quality has nothing to do with it. Somebody sent a bottle of their hard tap water to another fella who lived in a soft water area to compare. Exactly the same.

Yup never had any problem with it on hard or soft water with pig, badger or horse. Never really made any difference if it had dried and cracked either. Odd how it doesn't work for some. Personally I can't get a good lather out of TOBS creams, who knows?

It did take me a few latherings to tune into the WF on first trying it around 3 years or so back. There's nothing unusual in that. I've found the same with numerous soaps and creams. I have no trouble lathering it, but it's not a favourite and having got through my original puck of it I won't be replacing it in a hurry. I prefer a Palmolive stick by some distance and much prefer the Figaro P160 I've a handy stash of. Each to their own.

Controversial.....

It always lathers straight off the brush for me, no blooming, no messing about. The only thing I notice is that the lather degrades more quickly than other soaps, so it sometimes needs a refresh before the third pass. But I find it has great slickness and it smells, well, soapy - which I like.

Diff'rent strokes I guess. PIF it, don't bin it.

Back
Top Bottom