Where the Mitchell's wool soap belongs... in the bin!

That it does! It is a pricey beast, but worth it IMHO. The puck on it's own represents VERY good value for money.

I can actually order and have shipped from the U.K. many Euro soaps for far less than I can buy them here!! I ordered a puck of this from Connaught's that theoretically will be here by the first of the year. No silly VAT for me!! :p

I finally tried MWF and IMO it's a very good soap. I had no trouble getting a great lather, albeit easier with a synthetic brush. It gave me a fantastic shave, but I couldn't help but notice the incredible similarity between it & Haslinger Schafmilch. I can't help but believe that the Austrians deliberately copied it.

I own 100's of Shaving soaps.

Only 2 have given me cra_py bubbly thin evaporating lathers: MWF and Lea Classic

I have owned 3 pucks of each and since 2012 MWF have always been my most finicky shaving soap. Bar none. I have tried everything. Boar, 2-band badger, 3-band badger and synthetics brushes. Soaked it for hours in warm water, loaded for literally 10+ minutes, danced a religious rain dance before soaking it.
At best I got a decent shave from. At worst an awful shave with dissipating thin bubbly lather.
I have wet shaved using a brush since 1997.
I can get all my other products to lather perfect, but with MWF and Lea Classic I can't.

I believe two things:
1. There are serious faulty batch variations in both Lea Classic and MWF.
2. Lea Classic hard soap is made by MWF.

Just my opinion.
YMMV

2. Lea Classic hard soap is made by MWF...

First I've heard of that. I have never tried their shave soap puck per se, but I have a stick of their newest formulation of shave soap with lanolin, glycerin & tallow and it is spectacular. It's made in Spain, where I thought they made all their stuff. Have you any objective evidence of what you state? o_O

First I've heard of that. I have never tried their shave soap puck per se, but I have a stick of their newest formulation of shave soap with lanolin, glycerin & tallow and it is spectacular. It's made in Spain, where I thought they made all their stuff. Have you any objective evidence of what you state? o_O

It was sort of meant as a joke, because I feel these 2 soaps reminds me so much of each other.

Back
Top Bottom