What phone are you sporting this year?

My only criticism is the crap battery life.
Only problem is battery life, which is mostly half day, bat every smartphone have this problems.

An Anker portable battery has been in my bag constantly for one or two years now.
Fantastic little life saver when you're out and about and realize your tablet/phone is running out of juice.

They come in different capacities and range from about $30 to $60+.
I have an E6 and can get three full device charges out of it (iPhone, iPad and 'something else') if need be (and I did end up having that exact need during a cabin trip a few months ago).

71xQ1GfgO0L._SL1000_.jpg

An Anker portable battery has been in my bag constantly for one or two years now.
Fantastic little life saver when you're out and about and realize your tablet/phone is running out of juice.

They come in different capacities and range from about $30 to $60+.
I have an E6 and can get three full device charges out of it (iPhone, iPad and 'something else') if need be (and I did end up having that exact need during a cabin trip a few months ago).

71xQ1GfgO0L._SL1000_.jpg
Linearflux is one that I want and ordered, bat ended up disappointed, after ordering chased them for long time without any reply, at the end they refunded me and sent short mail that they couldn't find shipping solution for my country. Now I'm using some cheap Chinese thing.

Linearflux is one that I want and ordered, bat ended up disappointed, after ordering chased them for long time without any reply, at the end they refunded me and sent short mail that they couldn't find shipping solution for my country. Now I'm using some cheap Chinese thing.

Hey, as long as it does what it's supposed to (and doesn't break) - brand doesn't really matter.

I've these two chargers, both solar or USB.

765c343508aba15a029baadfb726040d.jpg

The Silver Crest is a Lidl special this week at £9.99. Seems ok. General I leave on a window sill and use once a week to keep it cycling. These come in useful for Scouting camps. I also carry one in my work bag, there's a poor signal there so battery consumption is high while the phone searches for a signal.

I've these two chargers, both solar or USB.

765c343508aba15a029baadfb726040d.jpg

The Silver Crest is a Lidl special this week at £9.99. Seems ok. General I leave on a window sill and use once a week to keep it cycling. These come in useful for Scouting camps. I also carry one in my work bag, there's a poor signal there so battery consumption is high while the phone searches for a signal.

I like the concept of a solar powered battery and hey, if that thing can power up in England it should work everywhere ;)

I like the concept of a solar powered battery and hey, if that thing can power up in England it should work everywhere ;)

They charge up well enough. Solar technology is getting by far better, I had one before and it was awful, never got it fully charged !

This is a great little radio, solar and wind up. I got it just before Christmas, charged it once via USB and haven't charged it again since. That's using it for around 2 hours a day and leaving it on a window sill.

f21e3aa297bb46a977f6c550005489f8.jpg
0067633588bb722299fe6a0589e74d22.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-Hy...&qid=1461960386&sr=8-1&keywords=Duronic+radio

I did get a back up battery type thing, but wasn't impressed. The whole point of a smart phone is that it packs so much into such a tiny space. Hence the beautiful slim lines etc. We all want one in our back pocket or handbag (well, that would be me :)) that lives up to the promise of communication in numerous forms, surfing, etc. etc. Fair enough when going off grid for days, I can accept that a back up is required. But not on the daily. Apple should really just make the damn thing an inch thick and tell it like it is. They can't put the required power into the beautiful slim phone that it is. What use light weight and slim lines if you have to carry a back up everywhere?

I'm still using my 2006 Motorola Razr V3, but it's beginning to play up a bit. This might be because I dropped and lost it somewhere, and it was driven over a few times. The dents and scuffs add character.
However, with all the stuff like 2-steo authentication, I think I may need a new phone, and am currently thinking about a Redmi 3. The downside on these smartphones is that they're so darn big, and there doesn't seem to be a decent clamshell model ( unless anyone here knows of one ).
I've got an old Powermonkey portable supply, which will recharge the Moto at least thrice, and my Fuji X cameras once.

Ferrum

Still using a OnePlus One, I did buy a OnePlus X but it was just too small. Looking at the new OP 3 model.

The last few years I've steered clear of the major brands due to the bloatware they like to install.

Fish

Back
Top Bottom