What phone are you sporting this year?

Believe it or not, I don't have one. When I retired I turned in my mobile phone to see if I could live without one. It's now 10 years later and low and behold I've found I don't need one and I don't want one. We have a landline at home and my wife has 2 mobiles, one for business use and one for personal use; this has worked well for us and has saved us money.

iPhone 6 for personal use, and I've just been given an iPhone SE for business use, replacing a Nexus 4 that was one of my old phones - I couldn't stand the nasty Samsung things we were given.

I like the SE, and as I'm due an upgrade soon I may get one for myself.

After seeing the price of the new HTC M10, I am thinking of going for a Chinese phone. But not sure which one, I would need an android o/s if possible.

Speaking from personal experience the Ulefone is good. The one I have (Power) is excellent, just a bit heavier than the equivalent sized phone due to the 6000mah battery.

The Ulefone Vienna has good write ups.

Check out PC advisor website

Samsung Galaxy S6. Find it hard to fault. I used a Blackberry for years which I loved until the day they stopped the international service. Detest any product with the word 'Apple' on it. Just a personal thing.

CAT B15Q
It can handle abuse but memory is low which doesn't allow me to install many apps.

cat-b15q-toughphones.jpg

After seeing the price of the new HTC M10, I am thinking of going for a Chinese phone. But not sure which one, I would need an android o/s if possible.
Still using a OnePlus One, I did buy a OnePlus X but it was just too small. Looking at the new OP 3 model.

The last few years I've steered clear of the major brands due to the bloatware they like to install.
I ended up buying a OnePlus X and I love it! It has a larger screen than my old Nexus 4 but the phone itself is physically smaller (like a Tardis). And at the time it came with a one-piece bamboo cover (very nice).
https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-x

HTC M8, had it for a couple of years. Decided to give the M9 a miss as it seemed a nothing upgrade. Might get an M10 but as this one is still working and doing everything it should do maybe I will just hang onto it....... :)
I'm in the same boat. I am contemplating waiting a while and picking up a used M10.

Having found out that you can add music to an iPhone via iTunes *without* giving it free rule over your music collection, I've made the jump the the iPhone SE. So far I'm adjusting pretty well, although there was some frustration last night when after using my MacBook to crop a picture to use as wallpaper I couldn't transfer it to the phone. In the end I used Google Drive. FFS Apple, why can't you just allow drag and drop?

iphone 6 for me. It, like all Apple products, do a lot of things right and the same amount wrong. The reliance on itunes is a pain for all Apple users. Itunes is probably one of the worst programs ever written. Even things like turning a song into a ringtone which on and Android phone is 1 click is a right royal pain using Garageband. On the other hand the camera is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom