What phone are you sporting this year?

Having recently lost my old phone and had a 'forced' upgrade to an iPhone 6s I'm curious as to what phone you lot are using this year. Post away! :)

I'm not a huge Apple fan and prefer Android's more 'open' OS design but well, sometimes you swallow your principles and just go with something that is simple and stable.

Below: My iPhone 6s w/ a leather Otterbox folio case (I found out a long time ago that I much prefer these folio/wallet type cases and this one is nice with real leather, Otterbox great shock protection - and only $20).

1z5snd5.jpg

23r38p.jpg

- iPhone 6s for most mobile needs
- Nexus 5x for my home phone and backup mobile device. Prepaid plan and average cost of $50 per year 500 minutes. If charity or I owe money, they get this phone number. I almost like the Nexus 5x better, however, a very heavy user may have battery issues. I purchase a new Nexus mobile device every 3 years - good phones and very good price.

- iPhone 6s for most mobile needs
- Nexus 5x for my home phone and backup mobile device. Prepaid plan and average cost of $50 per year 500 minutes. If charity or I owe money, they get this phone number. I almost like the Nexus 5x better, however, a very heavy user may have battery issues. I purchase a new Nexus mobile device every 3 years - good phones and very good price.

Ha. I do the same thing and my 'home'/backup is a Samsung Note 3 :)

I'm not an Apple fan either so I went for a BlackBerry PRIV. A bit too much Android and not enough BlackBerry in it for my tastes but other than the Android multi-coloured children's colour scheme it's proved to be a very good phone so far. It's encased in a Stilgut leather wallet (£35).

I generally tend to keep my phones for a few years so always buy the best I can afford outright and try and eek at least 3/4 years out of it.

After paying £450ish for my last one and for it to be classed irreparable by sony after only a year or so I was quite fed up and thought I would go Chinese!

A few weeks ago after much research I bought this.

15.jpg

Best hundred quid I have ever spent on tech.

WiFi and 4g reception is awesome. Everything is fast and XDA forum has plenty of support.

My contract ended this year so, after much faffing, I went from my Note 3 to a Note 4.

Didn't fancy a Note 5 (all my music is on an SD card in my phone so that's a must) We'll see what's around in another two years time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

iPhone6s+, 2nd iphone now which happend due to me switching to a macbook (already had an iPad), so now everything syncs everywhere, and I like it that way. Nice and simple.

Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) - having owned models from the far more expensive Samsung Galaxy S line prior to this, I can say that this is a super phone for the money.

Got sick of carrying a work phone and a personal one so about 18 months ago bought a dual sim Samsung Galaxy S5.
Added a 128Gb micro sd card for music.
Pay £5 a month line rental with Virgin mobile on one SIM and PAYG on the other.

I was after a small tablet recently and ended up getting a Huawei P8 Max which is actually a big phone. 6.8in screen and dual SIM for £220ish delivered.

Yes, buying a 2016 Chinese phones is a game changer for me as far as smartphone goes. For less than £100 you get the same quality as something cost six times this phone. Paying more than that and I would feel like a mug.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk
My only minor concern was the camera as the one on the Note is amazing. How's yours? And how did you buy it? I'm looking at replacing my Note 4 as I've had it for a year now.

Back
Top Bottom