What grinds your gears?

Chill pills! Now that I'm not practising I can whole heartedly say how the NHS go about dishing these out is mental in itself. A questionnaire, asking, 'are you depressed?' should not qualify someone to NEED anti-depressants. Aren't we all depressed and happy at various times, isn't that just life? Obviously they are an aid to some, that is recognised, but for others is it just too expensive to offer counselling or otherwise?! Easy fix...short term.

Lol the "what makes you smile" thread is for the 'chill' pill treatment haha.

Doctor and hospital appointments telling you to "arrive 15 minutes before your appointment" but they never see you on time anyway. You got the cheek to tell ME to turn up on time when your appointments are always over running?!

Also staff who use their phones to message friends and stuff whilst on duty despite big signs to say "please switch off your mobile phone" in the department.

People not being considerate when parking, taking up the space of two spaces as they're sort of in between, and not right next to another vehicle.

Annoying random numbers texting me saying "You must visit this link to confirm your O2 SIM card order" despite the fact never I bought one.

The mucus and catarrh following the aftermath of a cold.

Neighbour's not showing gratitude for taking in their parcels several times a week, with barely a thank you when you knock on their door to deliver it to them.

And breathe.....

Bar staff who are incapable of noticing who next to serve - but when they do get round to you, insist on asking you 'anything else' despite your knowledge that they are not capable of keeping more than one drink in their heads.
I once had the following conversation when ordering just two drinks:

Pint of Pedigree and a vodka and diet coke please.
Single or double? Single.
Smirnoff or Absolut? - Smirnoff's fine.
Ice and lemon? Yes, please.
Pepsi OK (instead of Coke)? Yes, fine.
Was that diet or normal? Diet.
Would you like a straw in that? Why not.
What beer was it again?

Bar staff who are incapable of noticing who next to serve - but when they do get round to you, insist on asking you 'anything else' despite your knowledge that they are not capable of keeping more than one drink in their heads.
I once had the following conversation when ordering just two drinks:

Pint of Pedigree and a vodka and diet coke please.
Single or double? Single.
Smirnoff or Absolut? - Smirnoff's fine.
Ice and lemon? Yes, please.
Pepsi OK (instead of Coke)? Yes, fine.
Was that diet or normal? Diet.
Would you like a straw in that? Why not.
What beer was it again?

Few years ago I went up to London and visited the Hard Rock Cafe. We were there for lunchtime opening, as they do we were ushered in to the bar. Everyone was lined up and the barman went from left to right down the bar. He took orders and served drinks until he got to the end of the bar. He then went back from left to right and gave everyone the total of their drinks and we paid. Amazing !

You want amazing? Watch and be in awe of a barman in a busy Italian espresso bar - coffee, change, chat flying in all directions, a constantly changing twenty-ish number of customers, only the briefest of waits, pastries served. Fantastic! It does rather set one up for annoyance when next one visits a Costa in UK, though.

You want amazing? Watch and be in awe of a barman in a busy Italian espresso bar - coffee, change, chat flying in all directions, a constantly changing twenty-ish number of customers, only the briefest of waits, pastries served. Fantastic! It does rather set one up for annoyance when next one visits a Costa in UK, though.
Would I be right in thinking that the one is owned and operated whereas the other is just managed or maybe even a concession? Maybe, just like English/British food was the butt of jokes a (comparatively) small number of years ago, we will eventually, find a way of running small scale enterprises that resemble the best American and continental ones - I just don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime with Subway.

Chill pills! Now that I'm not practising I can whole heartedly say how the NHS go about dishing these out is mental in itself. A questionnaire, asking, 'are you depressed?' should not qualify someone to NEED anti-depressants. Aren't we all depressed and happy at various times, isn't that just life? Obviously they are an aid to some, that is recognised, but for others is it just too expensive to offer counselling or otherwise?! Easy fix...short term.
Have you read Orwell's '1984'? It's all part of the plan, Nishy.

Chuggers.... Whilst I understand they are being paid to do a job, why do they think they have the right to assault peoples personal space. I was walking down a high street when I came across a couple loitering with intent, and one said you look unhappy and went to give me a hug! When I explained that it wouldn't be in their best interest they got all stroppy! Now I understand I might have got myself into trouble, but I would have just used the I thought he was trying to mug me excuse. Wonder if that would have worked for decking the idiot???

Fish

Chuggers.... Whilst I understand they are being paid to do a job, why do they think they have the right to assault peoples personal space. I was walking down a high street when I came across a couple loitering with intent, and one said you look unhappy and went to give me a hug! When I explained that it wouldn't be in their best interest they got all stroppy! Now I understand I might have got myself into trouble, but I would have just used the I thought he was trying to mug me excuse. Wonder if that would have worked for decking the idiot???

Fish

The worst ones of all are the ones that knock your door. They seem to wait until you dish up your dinner. I've a sign up saying no cold callers, no religious and no charity but they still knock. The chuggers get asked can you read, they say yes in a confused manner, then get told to read the sign and Foxtrot Oscar. The Jehovah Witnesses haven't knocked for a while. Knowing their love of leaflets I have one to give them next time they make that mistake.

Gotta agree with this one! I hobble to the front door to find some uni under-grad or a pimply local or religious types many times a week. I try hard not to be infuriated at the intrusion but oft times don't succeed. Problem is they are never the same ones - always someone new who hasn't learned not to disturb the frighteningly large old geezer from his toils or naps.

THEY'RE BACK!!! :confused:

A certain other shave forum has reintroduced their Annual Awards. Like last year, there is no explanation of the testing/assessment process of products i.e. how they have reached the award veridcts and yet the results are thrust on people with an uncomfortable sense of all-knowing authority.

The "like it or lump it attitude" from the administrators when people start to discuss and critique their decisions is getting boring frankly, and I also find the comments from folks lapping up the awards with over zealous enthusiam quite irritating too. Does anyone else bother with this other forum or is anyone else irritated in these awards again?

Normally I find this forum to be quite acceptable... maybe this is why I am so disappointed to see this event again.

THEY'RE BACK!!! :confused:

A certain other shave forum has reintroduced their Annual Awards. Like last year, there is no explanation of the testing/assessment process of products i.e. how they have reached the award veridcts and yet the results are thrust on people with an uncomfortable sense of all-knowing authority.

The "like it or lump it attitude" from the administrators when people start to discuss and critique their decisions is getting boring frankly, and I also find the comments from folks lapping up the awards with over zealous enthusiam quite irritating too. Does anyone else bother with this other forum or is anyone else irritated in these awards again?

Normally I find this forum to be quite acceptable... maybe this is why I am so disappointed to see this event again.

I gave up on that forum sometime ago. Although it has some useful and informative posts I found the overall tone of the forum increasingly puerile.

Big, flappy labels on new towels - and old ones if you don't cut them off.

And those daft wee little nylon gizmos that are used to hold cardboard labels on to new clothes and towels.

Back
Top Bottom