Weber DLC Review (Pic heavy!)

Mantic59 on a blog states there isn't a big difference between the Weber razor and a 34C or similar razors:

http://sharpologist.com/2012/01/the-weber-razor.html

I've used a Weber a few times now and, while I think it's an excellent razor, I don't think its all that different from other well-made razors (HD, DE89, Goodfella, etc.). Nice and hefty, good shave, but I haven't found it dramatically better/different yet.

YMMV etc I suppose and may have changed his mind.

Would still be interested and hopefully miss the Duty man! As for ARC or DLC - undecided but is there any issue with blade alignment - i.e. loosen/tap/tighten on this razor or is every blade fitted a perfect fitting (even blade exposure each side)? The black head would highlight any alignment issues easier I would expect than a silver head.

[/quote]
Would still be interested and hopefully miss the Duty man! As for ARC or DLC - undecided but is there any issue with blade alignment - i.e. loosen/tap/tighten on this razor or is every blade fitted a perfect fitting (even blade exposure each side)? The black head would highlight any alignment issues easier I would expect than a silver head.
[/quote]

I have the DLC and the engineering of the head is perfect. The handle knurling may not be the best ever but it has great weight and feels good. Simply the best razor I have used, so much so I have cut my collection down to the Weber a progress and 37c not counting an old slim and milord that I wouldn't even try to sell. The progress and 37c are to of the best razors out there but the Weber outshaves them on smoothness and just getting the job done.

I still prefer my slant when I have a lot more growth it's amazing just after one pass. However the weber is silky smooth, and the weight is awesome.

I'm with Lindyhop66 and SpeedyBabylon5 here - If I had to, I could use the Weber alone and not have any other razors.

I'm going to be keeping my Superspeed Redtip and '31 Goodwill, because they look cool on the windowsill, but they don't get used much (if at all) since I've had the Weber. The rest are all in the bedroom drawer.

I put a Gillette 7OC SP blue in it this morning, and it went through 2 days growth like a hot knife through butter, with no nicks or irritation and finishing with a near-BBS. Lovely.

Thanks chaps. Trying to get hold of a decent condition Slim adjustable is proving 'interesting' to say the least but now this Weber is in the fray it will be a test to see which one I manage to get hold of first! ;) Does the Feather blade work well in the Weber too as get a few too many 'nicks' in a 34C?

Is the DLC available in Canada? I have family coming over in the summer, so they could bring one over with no postal duty.

Stan said:
Is the DLC available in Canada? I have family coming over in the summer, so they could bring one over with no postal duty.

I think you can only get it through there web based amazon shop at the moment.

For me my slant and weber are my two prized razors. Both for different reasons, on my quest to find a blade that suits both. So far the polisilver stainless I have is wonderful.

Matty,

Are you in the UK? If so, have much did Amazon US charge for the P&P. Also did you incur any UK customs charges.

Still out of stock however.

Cheers

codex said:
Matty,

Are you in the UK? If so, have much did Amazon US charge for the P&P. Also did you incur any UK customs charges.

Still out of stock however.

Cheers

Hi,

It was about £7 postage or dollars can't remember! It did however get caught by customs which came to £16.

Matt

The ARC was in stock but now sold out. Wonder what stock levels they get in given they sell out quickly. Really think they need to have suppliers in other countries as these import charges are a big turn off.

geezer said:
I've used a Weber a few times now and, while I think it's an excellent razor, I don't think its all that different from other well-made razors (HD, DE89, Goodfella, etc.). Nice and hefty, good shave, but I haven't found it dramatically better/different yet.

Maybe Mantic hasn't, but the rest of us have.

Helveticum said:
geezer said:

Maybe Mantic hasn't, but the rest of us have.

An extreme example of YMMV, perhaps?

I wonder if he has just shaved with so many razors, and perfected his technique to the point that even a superb shaver like the Weber makes little improvement to the quality of shave he can get.
This is Mantic we are referring to, he can probably get bbs from a shard of flint found on a beach and some seaweed rubbed in his face for lather :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom