The future of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ravey said:
Hair Shirt said:
I downloaded the white paper, for months AS said the answers would be in the white paper.

Look in the white paper, no detail on what the currency will be.... but apparently there are options, non of which he is prepared to expand on.

Yet 50% of the population are prepared to vote for the YES campaign....

He is a politician, why would you trust him if he is not prepared to trust the electorate with the details of the currency?

Every other promise he offers is dependant on the currency, how can any sane person vote YES?

He has expanded on the options, and all of them are viable to some extent. There would be 18 months to explore these options properly after the smoke has cleared and the mirrors have been given a wipe down with windolene.

What a weak campaign where you can't think of any benefits and can only hark on about one point over and over, not to mention stooping to name calling.

When anyone is prepared to vote a policy into law, when it is at least 18 months from being final, you do have to question their sanity.

Bechet45 said:
pedro083 said:
Times have changed since you were in the loop bechet scotland has a lower unemployment than england,

Sure! and that's the reason for so many Scots accents down here, then!

Anyone quoting unemployment figures to demonstrate a point is either a Politician or has chosen to forget/doesn't know how that figure is mis-counted. I wonder how many Scots aged between 60 and whatever their retirement age is now are no longer un-employed because they collect Pension Credit instead.

But it's all over bar the shouting! 19th will be here soon enough.

Oh I know how they fanny the figures but pension credit is UK wide so skew both figures by the same percent so they are still relevant. Oh god I hear english accents all the time up here does that mean we are going to be over run after the 19th:angel:

pedro083 said:
BBC is a tax paid service they are not allowed to take a side and must be impartial yes he should be sacked no matter whos side he took. If I have to pay TV license they have to abide by there rules.
Oh I didn't see that he'd sneaked that comment in about the BBC, and tried to present the demonstrators in a bad light. Shameful bias reporting* in action, and apparently working.

*the reporting being done by the media, not the poster just in case I wasn't clear :)

Rebec911 said:
Ok so can I expect another referendum in 18 months so I can decide if I'm happy with the results of the negotiations between "Team Scotland" and the "Westmister Elite".

Oh I hope so, if it is a YES result....

Or come to that a NO vote, as policy is being made on the hoof at the moment.

What a farce...

Hair Shirt said:
Rebec911 said:
Ok so can I expect another referendum in 18 months so I can decide if I'm happy with the results of the negotiations between "Team Scotland" and the "Westmister Elite".

What a farce...

So correct. We are being asked to make a momentous decision on little facts and I agree the offer of more devolved powers should have been proposed months ago.

Interesting comments from Spain's Europe Minister that Scotland could wait years for EU membership and be required to join the Euro.
Not saying he has the ultimate say but just more evidence of the uncertain nature of what we are actually voting for.

Rebec911 said:
Hair Shirt said:
Rebec911 said:

What a farce...

So correct. We are being asked to make a momentous decision on little facts and I agree the offer of more devolved powers should have been proposed months ago.

Interesting comments from Spain's Europe Minister that Scotland could wait years for EU membership and be required to join the Euro.
Not saying he has the ultimate say but just more evidence of the uncertain nature of what we are actually voting for.

The missing facts are in the most case being caused by the UK government refusing to discuss anything till after a yes. In my opinion this is to try and create the problem you have and encourage more people to vote no.

No comment on the wait as again the eu won't comment till after a yes.
The euro yes we will be compelled like Sweden is been 20 years and counting and no movement on them taking the euro.

Alex Salmond not being ready is mainly due to Westminster not treating Scotland with the respect due, as part of GB. If Scotland does decide to separate I blame Westminster more than Scottish Parliament.

GB needs to have governance of a much better calibre.

We are all constantly lied to by those that we elect.

Alex Salmond not having a currency policy in place for the vote is unforgivable. Just proves he is not statesman material...

If Scotland gain independence you would credit rather than blame the Scottish government. UK government would be blame as they're campaigning against. This is irrespective of personal view.

Can you clarify what the AS you keep using means?

There is a currency policy. Repeating it over and over does not change that.

It works for other countries, but apparently Scots are incapable of doing things everyone else can do. It may not be the best solution but there's plenty of evidence to suggest it would work. Just saying it wouldn't isn't good enough. If it wasn't viable then the great negative campaign would have been all over it rather than putting so much emphasis on refusing it. In fact a couple of hours ago it was no plan B that was bothering you, and it wasn't until that was debunked that you've suddenly realised how flawed plan A is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom