The future of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most scary thing about this is that 50% of Scotland are willing to follow a man who has no facts or figures to back up his highly optimistic theory....

37 hours to we vote, still no detail of what "Plan B" is.

"Plan B" could be that AS relocates the Scottish cabinet to Switzerland and pay themselves £10 million a day.

Who in their right mind can vote YES on such a vague promise that he has totally failed to expand on?

What ever the result I fear for the future of Scotland.

Hair Shirt said:
The most scary thing about this is that 50% of Scotland are willing to follow a man who has no facts or figures to back up his highly optimistic theory....

37 hours to we vote, still no detail of what "Plan B" is.

"Plan B" could be that AS relocates the Scottish cabinet to Switzerland and pay themselves £10 million a day.

Who in their right mind can vote YES on such a vague promise that he has totally failed to expand on?

What ever the result I fear for the future of Scotland.

If you want to know all of Scotland's currency options there was a report done which is freely available to read if you are generally interested it also lists them in order of preference and no he can't do your plan B as there will be elections and he might not be there. Same with most people who choose to wade in with there opinions on subjects the information is out there and I don't mean yes/no propaganda or the daily fail. Customs and revenue reports show the exsport imports of Scotland which is vital to how the economy will grow.

How many people who have expressed there opinions either way has even read the first page of the white paper. No one expects you to read it all but that really is the basis of what you are voting for yes and no!

If you buy something you don't take what the salesman tells you as gospel if you don't know you look up the book about the product. But a life changing decision and most are happy to base this on other peoples bull kind of amazes me

I downloaded the white paper, for months AS said the answers would be in the white paper.

Look in the white paper, no detail on what the currency will be.... but apparently there are options, non of which he is prepared to expand on.

Yet 50% of the population are prepared to vote for the YES campaign....

He is a politician, why would you trust him if he is not prepared to trust the electorate with the details of the currency?

Every other promise he offers is dependant on the currency, how can any sane person vote YES?

I agree, the heart must be ruling the head because the economic dangers are just staggering if it goes wrong. Plus I'm not sure the people of scotland have heard a 'Plan A' yet have they? Other than 'aww, it's okay, England will let us use their currency'.

Scotland aren't voting for independence then are they? Mainly because no one would vote for that.

I just hope that the people of Scotland get what they want from this, whatever the consequences. As a proud British man my heart will be sad if they go, even though my head tells me the remaining UK will benefit from Scotland leaving.

Well three Men and a Dog voted for the Liberal Democrats and they ended up ruling the UK and no fuckers bothered about that, so I say the yes vote in Scotland gets 50% of the vote then that looks a damn site more democratic than what we have had for the last few years in the UK.

As I said there was a report done on currency options that would not be the white paper as that lined out what he was hoping to achieve not what all the different options that we could do as would be very confusing and a hell of a lot longer and its all ready very long. I personally dont want a long term currency union But thats a debate for another time after it happens not before. As this is something that can be changed and with a small electorate we can. The white paper quotes the fiscal commission report that outlines all the choices and states shared currency as best option for both sides you can search and find them listed in the report if you wanted.

The rest of the promises are not based on what currency as the currency we use does not really matter the stabilty of the country and the exsports/ tax revenue is what effects this and not what coloured note you use.

Also to however said Scotland dont have a right too sterling that is a little true but they do have a right to there share of bank of england as tax payers, also Scottish banks need to be refunded the 29 billion the bank of england hold to underwrite the printing they do of Scottish notes if Scotland leave the currency.

Hair Shirt said:
I downloaded the white paper, for months AS said the answers would be in the white paper.

Look in the white paper, no detail on what the currency will be.... but apparently there are options, non of which he is prepared to expand on.

He is a politician, why would you trust him if he is not prepared to trust the electorate with the details of the currency?

Every other promise he offers is dependant on the currency, how can any sane person vote YES?

Hair Shirt said:

He has expanded on the options, and all of them are viable to some extent. There would be 18 months to explore these options properly after the smoke has cleared and the mirrors have been given a wipe down with windolene.

What a weak campaign where you can't think of any benefits and can only hark on about one point over and over, not to mention stooping to name calling.

Bechet45 said:
mr..bean said:
........ my head tells me the remaining UK will benefit from Scotland leaving.

But they are not leaving! They are staying exactly where they are and loads will still come south for work and better weather! Och aye, the noo!

They won't.

Times have changed since you were in the loop bechet scotland has a lower unemployment than england, also a lot better skilled workforce there is a reason for example why a Scottish lawyer can practice in england but a english trained lawyer cant in Scotland

ravey said:
Hair Shirt said:

He has expanded on the options, and all of them are viable to some extent. There would be 18 months to explore these options properly after the smoke has cleared and the mirrors have been given a wipe down with windolene.

What a weak campaign where you can't think of any benefits and can only hark on about one point over and over, not to mention stooping to name calling.

So you are prepared to vote YES now when AS final policy is 18 months away!!!!!!!

And the Yes campaign have not resorted to name calling either!!!
Jim Murphy egged and his public meetings disrupted continually by the pro independence camp.
Ed Milliband today unable to properly discuss his views and hopes for more devolved powers in Scotland because he is mobbed and shouted down by Yes supporters. Truly democracy in action!!!
The vile abuse heaped on JK Rowling and others via social media.
Taunts of quisling and traitor for people expressing their point of view.
Demonstrations against the BBC accusing them of political bias and calls for Journalists to be sacked.
Jim Sillars saying their will be a day of reckoning for companies who have expressed concerns about independence including nationalisation!
And if I hear the term " Westminster elite or Metropolitan press " once more I will throw up.

pedro083 said:
Times have changed since you were in the loop bechet scotland has a lower unemployment than england,

Sure! and that's the reason for so many Scots accents down here, then!

Anyone quoting unemployment figures to demonstrate a point is either a Politician or has chosen to forget/doesn't know how that figure is mis-counted. I wonder how many Scots aged between 60 and whatever their retirement age is now are no longer un-employed because they collect Pension Credit instead.

But it's all over bar the shouting! 19th will be here soon enough.

Re: RE: The future of the UK.

Rebec911 said:
I should have been clearer, I was talking about the poster not the campaign. It's not right from anyone but I expect it from politicians in an age where they focus more on belittling the other side than tell us why their side us better, but it would be nice if we can be civil here.

Jim Murphy egged and his public meetings disrupted continually by the pro independence camp.
Ed Milliband today unable to properly discuss his views and hopes for more devolved powers in Scotland because he is mobbed and shouted down by Yes supporters. Truly democracy in action!!!
Demonstrations against the BBC accusing them of political bias and calls for Journalists to be sacked.
Jim Sillars saying their will be a day of reckoning for companies who have expressed concerns about independence including nationalisation!
And if I hear the term " Westminster elite or Metropolitan press " once more I will throw up.
That's shameful if it's true but the use of agent provocateurs isn't exactly new. The people who abused JK Rowling probably didn't even have any opinion on the matter, it's so avant garde to troll people on social media.

I watched a debate on tv last night and the audience were firmly split into two sides with a spattering of undecided mixed in. They were both very partisan but it was the No side who were catcalling and heckling. Rather than being one side or another that's stooping to lows it's both.

Rebec911 said:

BBC is a tax paid service they are not allowed to take a side and must be impartial yes he should be sacked no matter whos side he took. If I have to pay TV license they have to abide by there rules.

Egging someone does not come close to setting a fire outside a campaign office but that did not make the evening news neither did the chair thrown at campaigners and jim sillars but hay the egg could have done real damage I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom