The future of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big factor could be the 16 to 18 vote, young people tend to have a collective optimism and a positive view of their nationality and a pride in their country so I see this group having a big say and rightly so as they are the future of Scotland, I'm also very optimistic and positive that only good things will come Scotland's way should they vote yes.

Bechet45 said:
The opening shot in the UK Oil Wars was thus fired! How much English money do you suppose went into developing those oil fields? And Welsh and Northern Irish, come to that.

Those particular oil fields are not developed at all.

The Westminster Govt would not allow it as the nuclear subs go through it to get to Faslane submarine base.

Solution ? Get rid of Trident.

"Great" Britain ?????

Back-Britain-is-for-the-rich.png

I can only assume that in the event of a No vote, the people who promote this rubbish will decide they cannot possibly remain as part of such a terrible nation and FF*** Off somewhere else.

UKRob said:
I can only assume that in the event of a No vote, the people who promote this rubbish will decide they cannot possibly remain as part of such a terrible nation and FF*** Off somewhere else.

Rubbish ?? All those facts can be checked. The site hyperlinks to all the statitics and articles.

http://radicalindependence.org/2014/02/26/new-ric-campaign-britain-is-for-the-rich-scotland-can-be-ours/

You must be very happy. Ignorance is bliss.

Doggycam said:
UKRob said:

Rubbish ?? All those facts can be checked. The site hyperlinks to all the statitics and articles.

http://radicalindependence.org/2014/02/26/new-ric-campaign-britain-is-for-the-rich-scotland-can-be-ours/

So tell me - you as an individual - will you decide to find a better country to live in if the vote goes against your wishes?

I do chuckle when I hear of Scot's who think their own country has the stability to stand alone yet they themselves have to head over the border to find work! Its easy to pick out lots of negative facts to use in an argument against the UK (as above), just like it would be if the shoe were on the other foot.

UKRob said:
Doggycam said:
UKRob said:

So tell me - you as an individual - will you decide to find a better country to live in if the vote goes against your wishes?

The vote has went against Scotland since 1st May 1707. I'll be sticking around. As the only way to change something is from within.

Ben88 said:
I do chuckle when I hear of Scot's who think their own country has the stability to stand alone yet they themselves have to head over the border to find work! Its easy to pick out lots of negative facts to use in an argument against the UK (as above), just like it would be if the shoe were on the other foot.

There are nearly half a million English in Scotland and 3/4 million Scots in England.

Yes, they all probably moved for work. I see nothing wrong with that.

There are 2 million English living in Europe. Wonder why they went ? What do you think Ben?

Shemen Zait said:
When will the human kind understand that one of the essential requirements in order to be a politician is the ability to tell fibs, I teach my daughter not to tell fibs, Mr Salmond don't have to do this as he has no children. Simples.

Why single Salmond out, shouldn't Darling who does have children get more criticism based on your criteria?

Bechet45 said:
The opening shot in the UK Oil Wars was thus fired! How much English money do you suppose went into developing those oil fields? And Welsh and Northern Irish, come to that.
As far as I'm aware it's done under license, so none? (I assume you meant the ones which have been developed rather than the ones Doggycam referred to ofc, if not then none)

UKRob said:
If you don't like it then leave used to be a very common attitude in all walks of life. A better one is to speak out and make people aware of situations, and thus have more chance of changing for the better. Of course it makes less effective rhetoric.

Anyway, I thought you didn't think we should leave, now you're saying if we don't like it we should leave. :huh:

Ben88 said:

Those ones don't get to vote, so they would appear to be relatively unbias.

Doggycam said:
There are 2 million English living in Europe. Wonder why they went ? What do you think Ben?
They wanted new shoes? :)

Doggycam said:

The vote has went against Scotland since 1st May 1707. I'll be sticking around. As the only way to change something is from within.

[/quote]

Yes, I didn't think so.

By the way are you sure you're Scottish? Your response reads more like Harry Redknap.

Doggycam said:
UKRob said:
Doggycam said:
UKRob said:

Ben88 said:

There are nearly half a million English in Scotland and 3/4 million Scots in England.

Yes, they all probably moved for work. I see nothing wrong with that.

I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever. My original point was the ones who comment about the stability of the country and the employment sector are maybe being a tad hypocritical then getting a job not inside their own country.

There are roughly 800 million people in Europe, so lets say 50% are employed? 2 million English workers make up for half a percent of the European workforce and that is saying the whole 2 million are employed!

Again, nothing wrong with this but they aren't the ones wanting independence stating their economy is a stronghold whilst having to travel abroad for work.

Ben88 said:
I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever. My original point was the ones who comment about the stability of the country and the employment sector are maybe being a tad hypocritical then getting a job not inside their own country.
But what does their own country mean in this context? We currently have the same government in Scotland as you do in England, so if they happen to cross the border and complain about how the government are running the UK I fail to see the relevance of having moved.

Whilst people may be using these facts as a reason for independence we don't own them, they equally affect the rest of the UK regardless of what happens tonight.

p.s. can you not edit your quote? That's a lot of scrolling past someone else's discussion on a phone just because concurrent posts get aggregated.

Step back guys and look at what you are posting!

Besides, the vote is nearly in and it'll be business as usual by lunchtime tomorrow.

If all the British born people from all over the world were to return to their country of birth, would there be room to fit them all in? Not house them or employ them, just fit them all in - including standing in the pot-holes in our roads, if necessary.

Scotland votes 'No' to adding another Bank Holiday to their calender.

Westminster prepares to hand them its wallet and bend over.

When Wales and Cornwall see the hand-outs resultant from scaring Cameron, they'll be filing for independence very soon. Freedom for Southampton!

Who knows what the turn out was overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom