Tabac VS MWF?

No, it can't happen. The reason why this happens to MWF is because water infiltrates it from all sides. With Tabac, that is not possible, so it can't really expand.

Last edited:
I had a shave with the Tabac and what can I say? I didn't even had to use aftershave. Closest shave ever and irritation free!!

How can I try other soaps now? haha..

Sorry Desert, no offence intended. My guess would be that you're reacting to tye fragrance in Tabac, which is fairly highly scented to my nose. Alternatively if the shave was that close and smooth splashing on an alcohol based cologne straight onto the fairly raw and exposed dermal layer most probably added to what you describe as the ' BOOM " sensation.

JohnnyO. o/

Sorry Desert, no offence intended. My guess would be that you're reacting to tye fragrance in Tabac, which is fairly highly scented to my nose. Alternatively if the shave was that close and smooth splashing on an alcohol based cologne straight onto the fairly raw and exposed dermal layer most probably added to what you describe as the ' BOOM " sensation.

JohnnyO. o/
Apology accepted. I thought about that too and now that you say it as well I am sure it has to do with that. Thank you.

OK, so far so good. My only complaint would be the numbness and the white crust that the soap leaves on my cheeks.

I had 3 shaves with a single blade and I'm on to the fourth. It usually gets dull in the third, but the soap probably makes a difference, though I'm not sure.

Basically, cut MWF in half (like a little sheep soap of hope moon shape) and cut Tabac in (half like a slick German, woody , peppery 50's grandad soap moon shape) and mash them together and put them in a bowl...then you have this magical hybrid called Tabac Wool fat...then lather it up with water and a brush and bingo! A powerful and humbling experience for any shaver.:D
Just my thoughts anyway:cool:

Basically, cut MWF in half (like a little sheep soap of hope moon shape) and cut Tabac in (half like a slick German, woody , peppery 50's grandad soap moon shape) and mash them together and put them in a bowl...then you have this magical hybrid called Tabac Wool fat...then lather it up with water and a brush and bingo! A powerful and humbling experience for any shaver.:D
Just my thoughts anyway:cool:
Haha.. That sounds tempting!!

OK, so far so good. My only complaint would be the numbness and the white crust that the soap leaves on my cheeks.

I had 3 shaves with a single blade and I'm on to the fourth. It usually gets dull in the third, but the soap probably makes a difference, though I'm not sure.

Sounds like you're not fully rinsing off the soap afterwards. I always rinse my face with warm water after each pass and after the third pass rinse thoroughly with cold water. Never had numbness; maybe because there is some soap residue left.

Sounds like you're not fully rinsing off the soap afterwards. I always rinse my face with warm water after each pass and after the third pass rinse thoroughly with cold water. Never had numbness; maybe because there is some soap residue left.
Exactly. That's why it's numb. I can't rinse the soap off completely! I will try to use warm water next time. I guess I won't buy the stick version when I go to the army. No warm water there.. :/

Back
Top Bottom